Senior Full Stack Engineer ( 580907-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a skilled Full stack application development Engineer for the Verizon Enterprise Data Science Experimentation Platform, you will be working on implementing innovative solutions for its end-to-end implementation and operationalization. This Platform will enable the culture of experimentation to drive AI based decisions at scale.
The Artificial Intelligence and Data (AI&D) organization focuses on delivering the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V Teamers, and society; responsibly.
- Implement cutting edge, enterprise class solutions for various components of the platform, containerized and on the cloud.
- Implement automation of various processes.
- Follow methodology and solution blueprint to implement various modules of the Experimentation Platform.
- Build prototypes and proof of concepts to prove out new technologies and products that will be adopted into the overall AI&D platform ecosystem.
- Implementation to industry standards and best practices.
- Stay on top of advancements in technology.
- Define detailed design for implementation of various state of the art technologies.
- Stakeholder with various Data Scientist Communities, business users, architects and cross functional teams across various business units to deliver the platform.
- Work with and guide junior developers in a global cross functional team.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of relevant experience.
- Four or more years of experience with application full stack development.
- Experienced in Java full stack application development, microservices using Spring Boot.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and AWS cloud technologies.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or other related field.
- Expertise in large containerized environments utilizing Kubernetes, Docker, APIGEE and hands on experiences with cloud solutions and AWS.
- Proficiency in CI/CD using Jenkins and similar tools.
- Experience with various database technologies like NoSQL, RDBMS.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with product based development methodology.
- Experience with Agile methodologies particularly Scrum.
- Strongcommunication, persuasion and teamwork skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).