.Net Full Stack Developer - Remote (41721)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
As one of the nation’s largest electric utility companies with a focus on sustainable energy, FirstEnergy knows that it takes a workforce of highly trained, dedicated and motivated individuals to generate and deliver safe and reliable power. Our Information Technology (IT) professionals are at the heart of this workforce, playing a key role in helping our business units achieve business goals in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity. As a result, FirstEnergy invests in the success of its people through continuous development opportunities to develop and refine skills support career advancement. FirstEnergy is proud to develop new experiences for both employees and customers and is committed to developing a diverse workforce, reflective of the communities we serve, by recruiting and retaining talented employees from a variety of backgrounds
FirstEnergy’s in-house, centralized IT organization creates and maintains software solutions, and operates FirstEnergy data centers, service desks and voice/data networks. As an IT Professional at FirstEnergy, you will be given a wide range of opportunities to collaborate with people across the company and will be exposed to an exciting and cutting-edge technology stack. You will also be exposed to Agile ways of working in an environment that embraces diversity of thought, where you will be encouraged to innovate and explore new ideas.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon or Washington at this time.
We have recently embarked on a Digital transformation journey where we are reimagining the way we work and serve our users. Our projects benefit the community by aiding in providing safe, reliable electricity to everyone:
- Customer: create analytics to improve customer satisfaction along the customer journey for a lifetime as they move-in to a residence, pay their bill and move to new residences.
- Transmission & Distribution: develop algorithms to detect asset failures, reduce outages and provide reliable electricity to customers.
- Smart Meter: provide customers with the electric usage they need to make smart decisions about their home as well as reduce threats and theft in the electric system.
What you’ll do:
As a Full Stack Developer at FirstEnergy, you will join a digital transformation team coding products that could impact the lives of millions of users. You will join a team operating using the Agile methodology, CI/CD practices and iteratively deliver fully functional web and mobile applications.
- You will build and deploy mobile optimized web applications that are focused on ease-of-use, task-driven functionality, and a consistent user experience across multiple devices and operating systems.
- You will be part of the design and development of the overall technological architecture of products
- You will develop and migrate applications to Microsoft Azure as PaaS, our on-premises private cloud or mobile devices.
- You will build new .NET components to be used across various products
- You will work with open-source frameworks and libraries such as Angular
- When designing and building products you will take on an MVP mindset and ensure there are reusable and scalable components
- You will constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing solutions
What You Will Need to be Qualified:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science or another related field with 7 years related experience. In lieu of a degree, you have 9 years of related experience.
- Related experience includes, but is not limited to, software development experience with .NET (C#, .NET Core)
- Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP is considered a plus
- You have experience/knowledge using Azure DevOps or similar platforms like Gitlab or Jira to manage source code, manage developer tasks and bugs, and perform builds/deploys.
- You have experience working with relational databases. Experience with non-relational databases is a plus
- You have experience working on projects in an Agile methodology and understand basic Scrum principles
- You have experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- You have strong communication skills and can be a coach/mentor to grow and maximize your team’s potential
- You are willing to work extended hours, as required
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team