ReSurge Program: Senior HR Generalist
Eaton’s North American Sales (NAS) and Marketing and Commercial Operations (MCO) division is currently seeking a ReSurge Program: Senior HR Generalist. Are you looking to change industries or functions from your previous experience? Eaton’s ReSurge Program is designed to support people just like you with both your professional and personal goals. Please note the Eaton ReSurge cohort will begin their 12-month assignment in April of 2024.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary for this role is $90,000 a year.
Eaton’s 12-month paid returnship will give participants a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants will work to solve real-world challenges while refreshing the skills necessary to be a leader in our organization. You will gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side-by-side with experienced leaders and mentors to power your career. Successful participants may be eligible for full-time employment opportunities upon completion of the program.
All ReSurge participants will join a cohort with a unique learning and development experience. Each participant’s assignment experience will be customized to help them reach their highest potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
The Lead Generalist will support the administration and execution of Human Resources functions such as communication, coaching, employee relations, compensation analysis, employee benefits, talent management, employee development and compliance initiatives for their respective business groups. This role will provide HR generalist (day-to-day) support for employees and manager’s and support achievement of divisional goals, targets, and objectives.
In this role you will:
• Ensure that organizational practices and policies are aligned with Eaton guidelines, values and applicable state and federal labor laws and oversee immigration, FMLA, disability, Affirmative Action Planning, ADA, and other employee relations processes.
• Provide support in the areas of compensation and benefits: salary administration, helping employees with benefits questions and escalations.
• Partner with the Reginal HR manager to execute corporate initiatives and programs, such as I&D, and employee survey participation and action planning.
• Assist the HR managers with all HR life cycle processes including performance calibrations, assessments/audits, merit planning, compensation, affirmative action plan, etc.
• Create, lead, maintain, and monitor various communications (policies, various meetings, presentations, newsletters, corporate & division communications, etc.)
• Answer or direct managers and employees on various inquiries to ensure they are supplied with the appropriate resources to resolve questions (HRS, ER, Fidelity, compliance, benefits, etc.)
• Provide comprehensive HR services support by entering tickets and following up with HRS on job changes, market adjustments, activity center changes, escalations, etc.
• Lead or coordinate training and development sessions such as New Leader Assimilations, Insights sessions, HR-related topics, including harassment prevention, and performance management, etc.
• Generate and deliver ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual HR reports as needed.
• Special projects and other duties as needed.
Talent Management Support
• Provide recruitment and onboarding support including assisting with requisition creation, supporting leaders and talent acquisition through the interview, offer, and onboarding stages.
• Provide comprehensive offboarding supporting leaders and employees, including coordination of exit, vacation payouts, conducting exit interviews, etc.
• Partner with HR managers to provide day-to-day support and coaching to employees with specific focus on employee advocacy/engagement, conflict resolution, employee relations, and performance development.
• Support the deployment of key talent initiatives across the organization including, the Organizational Capability
• Assessment processes, talent reviews, pipeline management, succession planning, calibration, talent acquisition, etc.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the Human Resources function
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Ability to travel 10%
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of one of the locations will be considered.
• 1+ year of a voluntary career break from your profession
• Demonstrated experience and skill working with highly confidential/sensitive information.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with various levels within an organization.
• Technical skills include advanced level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint as well as proficient use of intranet and internet.
• High level of customer service skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Highly flexible and proactive in approach in order to perform a variety of important sometimes urgent, confidential, and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities.
• Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative.
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to organize, set priorities, and coordinate activities.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.