Associate Distribution Designer
DescriptionJob Description:Associate Distribution Designer
**This role is 100% remote and can be performed from any location in the US **
Leidos is seeking Associate Distribution Designers in multiple offices across the US.
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment.
Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems.
Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
Associate Distribution Designer Responsibilities:
- Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
- Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
Associate Distribution Designer Required Education & Experience:
- BA degree with 6-12 months of relevant experience, or
- AS degree + 2 years relevant experience, or
- HS diploma + 6 years relevant experience
- Experience with projects in distribution design, including overhead and underground distribution
- Experience with AutoCAD, pole loading software (e.g. O-Calc, SPIDA Calc, Pole Foreman), utility work management systems (e.g. SAP, STORMS, Maximo), and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- In your home office – internet speed of at least 50Mbps
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
As an Associate Distribution Designer, you can expect to gain experience / expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design
- Project management
- Financial management
PowerDeliveryPay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.