Leidos is looking for an Instructional Designer (Workstation) to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will work with an experienced training team to develop and deliver certifiable training for adult learners. He/she will:
- Collaborate with other ISDs/Training Developers to design and develop classroom and computer-based training/web-based training (CBT/WBT) learning solutions to prepare students to carry out their mission working with a software system.
- Conduct competency-based platform training that incorporates multiple instructional technologies and maintain operational workstations in the classroom.
- Consult with subject-matter experts to determine instructional requirements, analyze software systems, adapt engineering references, and implement training solutions.
- Collaborate with technical writers and web managers to prepare and deliver a variety of training products.
- Develop and maintain WCI products.
- Plan, design, and deliver learning strategies based on a blended-learning strategy.
- Instruct adult learners and manage up to 50 classroom workstations.
- Evaluate instructional programs, course content, and instructional methodologies.
- Analyze learning objectives against program requirements, and coordinate data gathering and processing for various levels of evaluation and assessment.
- Develop job aides for users, subject matter experts, and instructors who may be new to the targeted technology.
- Maintain CBT modules and human-machine interfaces.
- Develop and maintain WCI content and Lesson Plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Learning, Curriculum Design, or a related field and at least 8 years of experience in a training-related field. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Possess active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with CBT/WBT and web development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with technical staff.
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in platform delivery and CBT/WBT design and development.
- Experience managing training projects and teaching hands-on technology courses.
- Experience developing technical publications such as requirements specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, training manuals, and other documents for end users.
- COMSEC experience.
- System administration experience.
- Familiarity with Army Training development processes.
CONMDPay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.