Principal Visual and UX Designer, HCM - Remote
United Design (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
Enjoy this video with our Chief Design Officer, Dan Makoski … Compassion by Design
This position supports the People Design Studio— Human Capital Modernization. The People Design Studio is focused on improving the life and experience of all employees at UHG by modernizing the human capital tools, services and programs that enhance and improve each employee’s experience. Because we believe that people are at the heart of everything we do, we are dedicated to taking care of our employee so they can take care of our customers.
As a Principal Visual & UX Designer, you will work closely with your studio team: researchers and designers, accessibility and prototyping experts, service designers, and business strategists, to improve existing experiences and create new ones. Your work will impact the people we serve and, of course, our own Optum employees.
Our people are best served when we grow a team that represents everyone. That’s why we are dedicated to recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds for every level and discipline.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. (with the exception of AK and HI) as you take on some tough challenges.
- Transform the visual and UX design of the organization’s core employee-facing HR platform, learning and development platform, and onboarding experience into engaging, visually rich designed solutions
- Translate abstract concepts and problems into simple, elegant and innovative digital design expressions
- Seek, analyze, apply and advocate based on insights (user data, analytics and requirements, etc.) to inform and shape employee experiences
- Constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user-centric experiences
- Develop and provide successful strategic and tactical design recommendations based on technical feasibility, usability findings and standard design practices
- Work collaboratively with development and accessibility teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our product design for consumers
- Design and improve visuals that nurture, maintain and grow employee engagement
- Work across multiple brands and teams to create a united path forward
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in digital consumer product design field
- 1+ year of exposure with human-centered design principles and best practices
- Solid digital experience with command of usability and design principles (including Human-Centered Design), plus digital channel/product best practices
- Proficiency in design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Miro, among others)
- Portfolio demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences, as well as sensitivity to diverse subject matter, design targets and media
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams
- BA or BFA in graphic design or related field
- Solid communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from team members at varying levels cross-company
- The ability to balance great design with short deadlines
- Experience in using A/B and multi-variate testing information and analytics to identify improvements and continually optimize based on data and defined success measures
- Deep passion for digital products and channels, constantly keeping abreast of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
- Tireless optimism
- A passion for collaboration
- Empathy and compassion for the people we serve
- A drive to innovate and find new approaches
- Ability to embrace a beginner’s mindset
Total Compensation. As part of your total compensation package, which includes base, bonus opportunity, PTO and holiday pay, you will also receive these benefits at these rates, not to mention a remote work opportunity and healthy work/life balance.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.