Principal Experience Designer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
UX designers at Verizon collaborates with partners to define the vision for new features, while owning and driving the craftsmanship for every interaction and visual design detail. Day-to-day, you will:
- Using business requirements, usability findings and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Designing conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes.
- Developing and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency.
- Translating abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces.
- Presenting design work to the user experience team and product team for review and feedback.
- Iterating on multiple design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution accounting for complex requirements.
- Supporting multiple projects in parallel; provide expertise, best practices recommendations and thought leadership.
- Managing ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within a team, and switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
This role can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience in design or human-computer interaction.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in design or human-computer interaction.
- Ability to draw on all aspects of product design—information architecture, multi-step flows, motion—to build holistic experiences
- Ability to deliver consistent, polished and balanced layouts, through typography, color and visual hierarchy.
- Experience in prototypes as a foundational piece of your design process both to identify appropriate solutions and influence partners.
- Ability to solve user problems in creative ways that go beyond obvious, expected solutions.
- Ability to present designs clearly and confidently to facilitate useful feedback while shifting approach based on the audience and desired outcome.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Preferedsevenplus years of relevant experience with bachelor's ormaster's degree in design or human-computer interaction.
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence when interacting with teammates and other co-workers; inspires a culture of design thinking.
- Experience in delivering design solutions as a UX designer.
- Knowledge of user of design and prototyping tools (e,g, Sketch, Figma, InVision, etc.) and highly knowledgeable of technologies (e.g., iOS, Android, Web, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate visual design skills and strong familiarity with UX research techniques and user interviews.
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert in design & design research, and socializecurrent trends and patterns for mobile-first design.
- Ability to socializedesign thinking approach across the organization.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other design team members is a nice to have.
- Ability to demonstrate an online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with key stakeholders, cross-functional team members and customers.
- Ability to take initiative and accountability for timelines and results.
- Ability to contributes to the design community both inside your company and beyond.
- Ability to be nimble, creative and pragmatic approach that aligns with agile design and development practices.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California or Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $108,000 and $251,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.