Senior UX Designer - Product-led Growth
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented designer to lead delivery of a great end-to-end customer experience for a new product. You’ll join the worldwide design organization for Sustainability Software – a part of IBM that is collectively responsible for software products focused on AI-enabled solutions that help our customers make more informed and data-driven decisions about how to manage their businesses and services.
• Lead with an owner’s mentality to deliver ideas and design outcomes that differentiate our solutions in the market.
• Translate research into outstanding user experiences, stewarding design from concept to final code.
• Create key UX artifacts such as concept maps, storyboards, taxonomies, prototypes, patterns, information architecture, workflows and design specifications.
• Own operational outcomes managing project tasks and deliverables using agile methodologies.
• Drive alignment by collaborating with developers, marketers, product managers and other stakeholders to drive a shared understanding of user’s needs and behaviors.
• Make data-driven decisions –from one source of truth– with a bias for understanding and action.
• Lead team stand-ups & playbacks and present design work as part of a compelling narrative to elicit buy-in from cross-disciplinary stakeholders.
• Understand business problems across our customer set in order to have context for deliverables.
• Collaborate with a wide variety of people (design researchers, content designers, developers, product owners, etc.) across our worldwide teams.
• Create a positive critique and feedback culture, delivering feedback with honesty and kindness and receiving feedback with openness and a growth mindset.
• Review designs from other team members, improving the work while growing the designers and supporting their career development.
• Foster a team culture of diversity and transparent collaboration.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience (7+ years) solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mockups and prototypes (low- and high- fidelity), as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UI.
• Experience with creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design, layout & composition and reporting conclusions in well-developed documents.
• Experience with design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.).
• Strong communication and storytelling skills.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, team-based environment.
• Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design and design best practices.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Understand modern design thinking and design trends (including responsiveness and accessibility).
• Experience with enterprise software design and delivery
• Experience with working with and contributing to a design system
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM