Distribution Designer ( R-00041252-OTHLOC-PL-2D2143 )
This position is located in Framingham, MA. Relocation may be provided.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Design training
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Financial management
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements. Work assignments may include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the area to conduct field investigations.
• Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 35kV), mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
• Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
Required Education & Experience:
Associates degree in engineering or technology 1-3 years of prior relevant experience with electric utility distribution design and/or construction projects is preferred.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
• Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
• Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
• Must be able to swing a 3 lb. hammer to stake poles
• Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on unpaved surfaces
• Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
(Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
PDSDLINEExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Engineering TechnologistPay Range: