UX Designer ( R-00059193 )
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a UX Designer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team in New Orleans as a UI/UX Designer. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client.
The UX Designer’s responsibilities include gathering user requirements, making usability recommendations, rapid prototyping, translating user requirements to development teams, and developing UI screens based on the requirements. Ideal candidates should have experience in wireframing/prototyping, end user interaction and front-end development.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, diagrams, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, including navigational menus, and data visualizations
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, digital wireframes)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Bachelors degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field with 4+ years’ related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Experience developing UX/UI solutions within an Agile SAFe environment
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Web application development using Java preferred