Instructional Systems Designer ( R-00062205 )
The Leidos NISC IV is looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
We are seeking a Senior Instructional Designer to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. This Senior Instructional Designer position will support the Real Estate, Information Technology, Engineering, and Support Services (RITES) team on the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC) with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- The Senior Instructional Designer will create training courses and supporting materials for use by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Will work closely with FAA stakeholders, subject matter experts and instructional designer.
- Will be responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of instructor-led training programs and course materials.
- The candidate must have experience in federal government course design and development, along with knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Instructional Design, Adult Education, OR similar concentration will be considered/accepted.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with adult learning theory, learner-centric curriculum development, and instructional design project management.
- Experience in designing federal government instructor-led training for classroom, webinar, and blended learning training delivery formats.
- Ability to establish effective terminal and enabling learning objectives, and create course content to support them.
- Experience in designing engaging learning activities and compelling course content for adult learners.
- Experience in designing adult training that meets federal Section 508 compliance regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to identify criteria that will be used to evaluate adult learner performance, and develop assessment instruments.
- Knowledge of standard project management skills and techniques to ensure effective controls while handling multiple training development activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to facilitate discussion and collaboration with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) instructional designer, subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, OR similar concentration.
- Success in developing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) instructor-led training courses.
- Experience in designing adult learning for acquisition workforce related topics including; the FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS), program/project management, contracting, federal appropriations law, financial management, systems engineering or test & evaluation.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$1000Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Curriculum DeveloperPay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $106,000.00 - $143,100.00