Help Desk Technician ( R-00038733 )
DescriptionJob Description:Job Description
Leidos Defense Group has an opening for an Information Technology (IT) Service/Help Desk Support Specialist to be part of a dynamic team to work on site at the Pentagon.
This position will support the G2 Army MI Enterprise which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems.
The successful candidate will provide Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) aligned service desk support services for an organization comprised mostly of a Microsoft Enterprise software environment residing on multiple networks. Support includes the management and support of Incident Tickets, Service Requests, Change Requests, System Performance, and Identity Management Requests (Public Key Infrastructure and Centralized Directory Registrar related) for both on-site and off-site personnel.
- Provide Tier I/II contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Attempt to resolve as many incidents during the first call or at Tier I.
- Document incident resolution and status in incident database tools (i.e. BMC Remedy/Microsoft Service Manager).
- Install system wide software and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Set-up administrator and service accounts.
- Create and manage user accounts, schedule video teleconferences, and provide remote troubleshooting support to customers.
- Provide input and update to standard operating procedures.
- Participate in organizations change management process.
- Provide polite and friendly customer service.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 4+ years of related technical support and/or systems experience.
- Currently possess DoD IAT at Level II certification, Security+ce and Computing Environment (MTA/MCSA-Win 10).
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications in a Windows environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field.
- Windows 10 or higher level Microsoft certification.
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience in supporting multiple Operating Systems and environments.