Hardware Technician ( R-00052991 )
Leidos has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Hardware Technician to join our team supporting a nationally significant and fast-paced program that uses Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. The new program provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the physical integrations (rack, stack, cabling), deployment and sustainment of development and operational systems. He/she will research and evaluate processes and utilize best practices to create and modify deployment Packages (Microsoft Excel), Rack Elevations (Microsoft Excel), Master Cable Lists (Microsoft Excel), and Wiring Diagrams (Visio). He/she will perform short duration travel to support deployments and must be available to provide after-hours surge support when needed to meet customer requirements.
- Assemble devices and equipment and perform initial physical integrations of multi-rack systems.
- Support deployments of multi-rack systems both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provide support for a lab consisting of ~100 racks to include physical integrations, power, space and cooling estimates, power testing, and monitoring and troubleshooting of hardware.
- Develop installation plans and coordinate redesign efforts with system administration and system engineering teams.
- Establish and conduct test cases and coordinate with system and network engineers in troubleshooting suspected failed components, including hard drives, memory, batteries, cables, motherboards and processors.
- Operate electronics test equipment: fiber and copper test sets, OTDRs, multi-meters, etc.
- Plan and implement data center enhancements and undertake lab and deployment-related special project work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least 4 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and blueprints.
- Experience maintaining network and server documentation and diagrams.
- Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
- Experience with data center design and configuration (rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Familiarity with network, server, and/or Data Center security accreditation and certification.
- Must be available to perform short-duration travel to support deployments.
- Must be available to provide after-hours surge support when needed to meet customer requirements.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Familiarity with server/router/firewall configuration and application performance optimization functions.
- Experience with network and server component moves.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.