Network Technician III (30663)
Amentum is currently seeking a Network Technician III to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The Network Technician will provide on-site and off-site testing, troubleshooting, implementation, and maintenance support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
- Design and install computer networks, connections, and cabling.
- Troubleshot system failures and identify roadblocks in the network.
- Fix problems in LAN infrastructure and test and configuring software.
- Maintain and repair hardware including peripheral devices.
- Evaluate network performance to improve the network.
- Schedule upgrades and maintenance without interrupting business workflow.
- Provide technical direction and give training to coworkers about network systems.
- Work with vendors to get needed equipment for the networks and systems.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Ability to be cleared at the TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q level and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Must possess Associates degree and 5 years of related experience OR High School diploma / GED and 8 years of related experience.
- Active Clearance at the TS or DOE Q level is preferred.
Prior working experience with Sandia Infrastructure.
Certified network professional accreditation.
Previous experience in a similar role.
Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
Superior knowledge of various networking technologies.