Field Network Technician (30996)
Amentum is currently seeking a Field Network Technician to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The Network Technician will provide on-site and off-site testing, troubleshooting, implementation, and maintenance support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
- Deliver secure, consistent, and capable network and virtual services to ensure faster realization of business value to the client and its customers.
- Provide secure, consistent, and highly available network infrastructures and virtual services to meet corporate and mission IT needs. Virtual Services will enable people to work with confidence in a secure computing environment. Support includes network and virtual services development, design, implementation, testing, trouble resolution, network monitoring tools, and maintenance contracts.
- Provide Network Field Support Services.
- Review incoming IT Service Desk requests and resolve customer requirement issues.
- Coordinate with Network Advanced Field Operations Team as needed to support activation of device ports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Ability to be cleared at the TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q level and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Must possess Associates degree and 5 years of related experience OR High School diploma / GED and 8 years of related experience.
- Strong background and experience with Virtualization, Access Points, WAN, LAN, Wireless (Aruba), Cable Installation, Information Technology, CCNA or switches.
- TC IP, Windows Server or Active Directory
- Active Clearance at the TS or DOE Q level is preferred.
- Knowledge with ITSM
- ITIL Certified
- Juniper switches
- CISCO switches