Manager of Application Support (100893)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Manager – Custom Application support will be accountable for the overall operations and support or ‘run, maintain’ and support of all custom developed applications / products. This team will be the key focal point for day-to-day custom apps/products operations and support issues and interact directly with T&I teams, business teams, and partners.
The role will oversee day-to-day run, maintain, and support across all custom developed apps / products. The team includes functional and technical resources including Software Engineers – Support across a co-sourced internal and partnered team. The Lead will provide key feedback and input to T&I leadership on optimization strategies and continuous improvement.
The Lead is accountable for the definition, cultivation, and continuous improvement of custom apps/products operations and support processes, techniques, SLAs / metrics, and overall best practices. Where there is rigor and establish practices across the COTS and packaged solutions domains, a key challenge for the Lead will be establishing the same best practices for custom developed applications/products.Key Accountabilities
- Day to Day Support (50%)
- Policies, Procedures and Standards (15%)
- Technical Requirements and Design (20%)
- Traning (10%)
- Project Requirements (5%)
- Over 7 years of experience designing and building web-based applications with Java framework and exposure to front end framework like Angular, React etc.
- 5+ years hands on experience of using tools such as Jenkins / GitHub / Docker / Kubernetes etc. with AWS.
- Experience with distributed computing, Web Services, SOA, and JEE design concepts
- Strong SQL skills, exposure to Database design and development in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Agile, Hybrid and waterfall development methodology.
- Fully versed on applications operations and support best practices to include Incident Management, Problem Management, and Release Management along with a Tiered support model
- Experience utilization ticketing tools.
- Business Process acumen.
- Validate and ensure detailed scope per deployment roadmap and ensure all integration on points are addressed and overall solution integrity of the landscape.
- Familiar with SLA framework and application operations day to day metrics.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience with Information Technology / Information Systems
- 5+ years’ experience leading an applications operations & support / Run & Maintain organization including functional and technical team members and partners.
- Experience with implementation of Site reliability engineering operating model.
- 2- 3-year hands-on experience performance monitoring & diagnostic tools.
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning.
- Experience working with global partners/service providers.
- Experience of Unit/Integration/Functional testing (libraries such as MSTest, NUnit, Selenium, Moq)
- Experience of leading effort of Revise, update, refactor and debug code & improve existing software.
- AWS Certified cloud professional (CCP)
- ITIL certified
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization
- Strategic skills to develop long term visions and the ability to translate them into actionable roadmaps that are broadly accepted
- Proven track record of successful team leadership and development
- Positive “glass half-full” attitude, pleasant to work with, focused on customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented
- Proactive, persistent, passionate, creative, flexible, and dependable
- Strong customer and user experience focus
- Good presentation skills engaging a variety of audiences potentially up to the ELT
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.