Principal Information Security Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
IAM Cloud Engineering (ICE) team provides support for Microsoft's Cloud based Identity and access management service, Azure Active Directory (AAD). Azure AD provides support for variety of User Personas including (B2E), Business to Employee, Azure AD support for Developers, (B2B) - Business to Business with Guest/External Partners including NIE/AEs and upcoming (B2C) frameworks.
As a Cloud Principal Engineer, your primary focus will be on IAM engineering activities for Azure AD & Cloud DevOps/Operational Support; implement and enforce IAM controls for applications migrating to or already deployed in Gov clouds (Azure Gov Cloud). You will work with IAM segment leads, IAM architecture team, IaaS/Cloud Engineering and CI/CD teams to identify and leverage the best practices for IAM controls implementation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify and establish the necessary structures, roles & responsibilities required within the Cloud IAM & DevOps teams
- Serve as subject matter expert on multiple public Cloud IAM technologies / solutions
- Collaborate with EIS, Cloud Application Engineering & IAM Operational support teams on Cloud IAM services and controls
- Implement the cloud security best practices and Support the Cloud IAM Roadmap and implementation of enterprise wide IAM policies across the platform
- Define the IAM cloud centric measures and performance metrics to track the effectiveness of the services and enforcement of controls
- Manage the automation of cloud components using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) principles within a CI/CD pipeline
- Create/enhance automation scripts, CICD pipelines to implement IAM roles, policy bindings in the AZURE public/Gov clouds env
- Work on automation using CICD/Jenkins pipelines, Terraform scripts for IAM infrastructure setup and capabilities deployment
- Support public cloud (Azure) hosted applications and infrastructure services by maintaining and enforcing IAM policies and procedures
- Work on any escalation for IAM issues within public cloud platforms (Azure)
- Identify gaps and recommend solutions to improve operational efficiencies across IAM processes and patterns
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of working experience in Public Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS) with focus on Azure AD IAM (Identity and access management) concepts and security frameworks
- 10+ years of working experience in Directory services, multi-factor authentication, user provisioning, privileged access management, single sign-on, federation technologies and protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC etc.
- Azure Certifications (AZ104, AZ500, SC-300)
- Technical or security certifications (Azure certifications, CISSP)
- Cloud IAM functionality across multiple public cloud services (IAM Roles, Permissions and Policies)
- Infrastructure and application deployment automation experience using Terraform and Jenkins to public clouds
- Solid understanding of Azure AD implementation in large, complex M&A Multi-Tenant Environment
- Automating system administration tasks, deployments, and other repeatable tasks
- Python and Scripting languages
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.