Information Technology Security Lead ( R-00070899 )
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for an Information Technology (IT) Security Specialist to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
IT Security Specialist will take ownership for integrating security into all aspects of the program as well as any hardware components. The IT Security Specialist will work closely with the software development teams and O&M teams to threat model, vulnerability scan, The individual will oversee security compliance and processes, for a portfolio of hardware systems. The individual will ensure that critical security functions such as Authorization To Operate (ATO), control gates, and related tasks and deliverables are completed successfully and on-schedule.
- Providing leadership and vision in incident handling, response, and analysis.
- Lead security and compliance assessments and evaluations pertaining to specific hardware and subsystems.
- Supporting the adoption and/or implementation of Federal and national security and compliance standards and/or guidance.
- Develop and provide metrics and reporting to demonstrate application compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility security projects and adjust to quick shifts in customer priorities while meeting all mission requirements.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and development and track mitigations.
- Providing support to programming code reviews, determining system performance specifications, identifying and resolving interoperability problems, developing requirements, determining parameters, and resolving conflicts between disparate technologies as they arise.
- Assist Program management with technical direction and prioritization of the development backlog
- Provide mentoring and training to other team members on security guidance, technologies and processes.
- Supporting development and maintenance of applicable Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans, Business Impact Analyses (BIA), System Security Plan (SSP), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs).
- Requires BS degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience..
- Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- CISSP Security Certification
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are required:
- Demonstrated experience with NIST SP 800 series or equivalent series documents development and maintenance for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience with securing cloud services (AWS or Azure)
- Experience defining strategic governance for security management, defining quality metrics, and implementing repeatable processes
- Experience providing project management support, systems support, process improvement recommendations and product support documentation
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
- At least five (5) years’ experience managing application security
- One or more of the following certifications:
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- CompTIA Security+
- CISA: Certified Information Security Auditor
- Experience with DHS, CBP, OIT, Border Enforcement, Cloud Services (AWS/Azure), Cloud Migration, DevOps/SecDevOps, Containerization, micro services, and Software Development
- Candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with information security technologies (e.g., design, encryption, data protection, privilege access, identity and access management, incident management, risk management and auditing)
- Experience guiding peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex security issues
- Experience with scanning and elevation tools (WebInspect, Fortify, JFrog Xray, SonarCube, Nessus etc.); and GRC tools (RSA Archer)