Director / Sr. Director, Site Supply Chain (R1553712-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction to the site Supply Chain function and its link to the supply chain network and contributes to a high performing team within a dynamic manufacturing environment. This includes all aspects of strategic planning for site activities related to commercial and developmental products. Assure compliance with company policies and procedures, and with local, state, federal and international government regulations.
- Develops the strategy and the short & long-term plans to support the Manatí’s Supply Chain organization mission and the Bio-Pharma
- Provides sound, firm and decisive leadership to the Supply Chain team and drives and deliver results for continuous improvement within
- the Supply Chain function.
- Develops and communicates the Supply Chain Vision & Mission, aligned with the site and GPS Mission.
- Develops Supply Chain goals, aligned with those of the site and GPS for Supply Chain integration.
- Prepares and monitors annual budget and quarterly projections. Ensures that all departments are informed and measured on their
- commitments with focus on volumes, inventories and department spending.
- Contributes to the Supply Chain Network Plan and to the S&OP process integration. Leads the site S&OP process to balance supply and
- demand, while meeting network and business objectives. This includes planning for capacity and staffing as well as contingency planning
- to avoid missed external customer commitments for commercial and non-commercial products.
- Leads the Supply Chain function in matters related to customer service and materials planning.
- Ensures master data maintenance and initiates change controls for required approvals.
- Develops people in technical, leadership and interpersonal skills. Provides for leadership development and diversity.
- Assures compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory agencies on matters related to Materials Management, transportation, safety,
- environmental, interstate commerce and foreign trade.
- Develops procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with GMP’s, internal control, BMS policies and business rules.
- Builds alignment with all site groups, especially with key business partnerships such as Quality, Operations and Sourcing, in order to form a
- seamless cross functional team and, serves as liaison with other sites as well as customer and suppliers.
- Maintains strong relationship across the Supply Chain Network to build a fast flexible and reliable supply.
- Develops a high performing team of superior talent who are committed to the mission and will effectively lead the achievement of desired
- goals and objectives.
- Proactively develops challenging objectives for department and action plans that optimize benefits while minimizing risks.
- Continually monitor, revise and update strategies that simultaneously optimize short and long term results.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sciences or Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred and APICS Certification desirable.
- Must have at least ten (10) years of experience in combination of Supply Chain & Manufacturing roles, with at least five (5) years of
- managerial experience in functional planning roles.
- Specific experience in Materials Management in a manufacturing environment with multiple Supply Chain links is required.
- Capable of building alignment with business partners including Quality, Manufacturing & Sourcing.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Highly results oriented.
- In-depth knowledge and exposure to Supply Chain within pharmaceutical scenarios and highly developed Project Management skills.
- Knowledge of federal and local regulatory requirements such as FDA, DEA, DOT, MSDS, Health Department, FTZ, excise taxes, licenses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of PC’s (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
- Strong business sense and proven innovation and administrative skills; understanding of and the capability to support both financial and
- total quality objectives, to organize working plans and follow up on progress.
- Proven ability to exercise accurate judgment and being able to evaluate information critically and decide upon and to implement an
- appropriate course of action.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to develop and maintain effective professional relations with colleagues at all levels
- across the organization;
- Ability to integrate actions toward objectives.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meet closely spaced, ambitious timelines.
- Proven strong leadership skills; ability and commitment for independent work with minimal supervision, while maintaining effective
- communication and interactions with superiors and colleagues at all stages of a project.
- Ability to lead large scale change. Must have a winning attitude, resilience, commitment to goals and a strong sense of collaboration.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.