Associate Director Clinical Pharmacology - Various Opportunities Available (R1554460-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director Clinical Pharmacology – Various Opportunities Available
Here with Bristol Myers Squibb we have the following Associate Director opportunities available within the Therapeutical Areas of Immunology, Fibrosis, Cardiovascular, Neuroscience and Oncology:
*Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics
*Associate Director, Pharmacometrics Modeling
Functional Area Description
The Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (CP&P) teams at BMS are responsible for the pharmacology and pharmacometric support for all pipeline assets throughout the clinical development lifecycle. Composed of pharmacologists, pharmacometricians, and modelers, this group oversees the pharmacokinetic evaluation, pharmacometric exposure-response evaluation, quantitative systems pharmacology modeling, physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling and model based meta-analysis of assets covering all platforms of therapies, including small molecules, traditional and complex biologics and next gen cell therapies.
Our Teams Responsibilities….
Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics
The CP&P team interacts with discovery and translational scientists, project leadership, early development, late development and commercial colleagues to optimize dosing, formulation, delivery and combination strategies to enable faster and more effective drug development informed by core scientific principals and data. We are seeking professionals across therapeutic areas including Oncology, Immunology, Fibrosis, Cardiovascular and Neuroscience with locations in Lawrenceville and Princeton New Jersey
- Supervise and/or mentor other CP&P scientists and Pharmacometrics Modelers as appropriate
- Independently contributes to compound development across various development phases
- Represent ClinPharm at asset teams at governance based on proficiency
- Provides input to Phase 2/3 clinical study design and registrational strategy
- Accountable for Clinical Pharmacology Plan
- Leads design of clinical pharmacology studies, pharmacometrics and manages data analysis, interpretation, and reporting
- High proficiency in PK, PK/PD, and model informed drug development (MIDD) principles and analyses
- Collaborates on cross-functional drug development teams, and regulatory submissions; serves as Clinical Pharmacology subject matter expert
- Leads and participates in departmental initiatives and represent CP&P on cross-functional initiatives / workstreams / taskforces
- Participates in interactions with health authorities; serves as Clinical Pharmacology subject matter expert
- Provides critical expertise to Business Development teams to assess external acquisitions
- Advanced Degree in related field (MS, Ph.D. or PharmD)
- For Ph.D./PharmD, approximately 5+ years experience with demonstrated progression clinical pharmacology and Pharmacometrics
- For Masters, approximately 7+ years experience with demonstrated progression clinical pharmacology and Pharmacometrics
- Expertise in general drug development process
- Expertise in small molecule and/or biologic drug property characterization
- Demonstrated stakeholder management with strong influence/leadership
- Quantitative data analysis, POP PK/PD, exposure-response and data visualization skills
- Programming experience (e.g., NONMEN, R, WinNonlin, SAS, Splus etc.)
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.