Associate Director-Supply Chain Technology
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Supply Chain Technology Associate Director will be responsible for E2E Digitization of Planning, Sourcing and Supply Chain processes and systems platforms of Verizon’s Global Supply Chain ecosystem. This role will partner with development managers, architects, and business stakeholders to develop and execute the technology products. This role will work closely with senior leadership and peers across Verizon’s Global Technology Services (GTS), Verizon Business Group, and the Global Supply Chain business organization.
- Develop the technology product roadmap which supports the business strategies such as 1 Planning, 1 Sourcing, Forward & Reverse Logistics Operations, 1ERP, and other strategic transformation programs to drive cutting-edge experiences, revenue growth, and cost optimization.
- Build a strong data and analytics framework to track KPIs, Operational Metrics and other critical data sets to ensure process transparency and SC network visibility.
- Lead client requirements gathering and market research to develop industry leading technology roadmaps with an aligned multi-year investment portfolio.
- Partner with other product managers and development leadership as well as the executive team to prioritize product initiatives, track KPIs and manage outcomes.
- Lead the Supply chain technology ecosystem to support Network, Fios, 5G/C Band build and deployment.
- Foster a culture of innovation and stay current/ahead with emerging technologies and take rational risk in implementing those technologies to deliver ROI.
- Communicate the technology product roadmap and project updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with technology infrastructure and platform teams to manage product delivery model and sustainability.
- As the Product Owner, drive the Agile process and create a culture of continuous improvement of processes and methodologies.
- Take E2E ownership of transformation initiatives for VBG and Verizon Network to ensure achievement of critical milestones and results.
- Leverage automation/RPA to eliminate manual processes and activities across the supply chain value chain.
- Act as an escalation point for client services, mitigate and triage issues as it relates to supporting business.
- Managing team of highly-skilled professional consists of managers and functional subject matter experts.
- Review solution design and architecture to ensure business requirements are met and aligns with standards.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Supply Chain Technology and ERP domain.
- Experience in SAP Ariba, SAP IBP, SAP CAR, SAP/HANA modules.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management.
- Agile technical product management experience leveraging Jira or Git.
- Experience delivering software cross-functional solutions that support and transform business operations.
- Experience with E2E Supply Chain processes (e.g., Sourcing, Planning, Procurement, Inventory Management).
- Experience in reverse and forward logistics, 3PL distribution center and warehouse management operations.
- Ability to develop recommendations, form judgments and make decisions based on existing available data.
- Strong verbal and written skills and an ability to communicate complex technical information in simpler terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to take initiative, set priorities and perform tasks with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to manage cross-program / project timelines and estimates.
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and time management skills.
- The ability to work effectively with limited direction and set team goals.
- The ability to work with and manage a team that has several functions.
- Experience with business case development and career and talent development.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, absorb, and analyze information quickly and independently.
- Strong project management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.