Director of Technology - Telecommute (112187318)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Will lead the functional delivery support team of highly available and scalable end-user. Develop and lead the end-user support management processes to ensure the appropriate cross-functional internal are engaged, timely service support and restoration, along with remediation plans. Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of standards and processes to ensure services are well-defined, effective, and efficient. Front-end customer and internal compliance and associated requirements.
This team also will be part of the OHLP support team who assist in managing on-call DevOps triage, support and on call rotation with their direct reports.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Integrity of the work created by the teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of Engineering management (2+ at Director Level) and leadership in a cloud native environment with direct people management experience
- Experienced in Dev-Ops and Application Support, and Operations teams, working with the teams to define roadmaps, create quarterly goals, design technical solutions, create project implementation plans, adjust priorities, deliver enhancements, and operate production
- Experience operating a SaaS product at scale utilizing AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience in a highly secure SaaS environment, leading or contributing to technical enterprise programs, ideally in the health care sector
- Technically proficient across the application layers, from Data Storage solutions to Cloud, you have experience across the stack, and experience jumping in to lead resolutions to complex problems across all layers
- Solid leadership qualities are critical to leading and mentoring the team in the pursuit of delivering our products, scaling our teams and processes
- Ability to build solutions and processes for scale. Working with teams to ensure documentation and cross training occurs to enable the team to scale solutions globally and horizontally
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.