The Leidos Health Group is seeking a Director to lead the procurement activities under its Military & Veterans Health Solutions (MVHS) operation. This role will report directly to the Health Group Procurement Director and will be an integrated member of operations, supporting the MVHS operation’s leadership.
The Director is accountable for all MVHS operation procurement activities to include new business capture and program execution. Similarly, the Director is responsible for governance, organizational development and execution of the functions associated with the proposal, administration, compliance, and risk management of the MVHS operation’s supply chain. The Director will manage and lead a team of 10 – 13 procurement professionals, which includes a mix of leaders and individual contributors.
Typical duties of the Director include:
- Leading full life cycle subcontract management activities for programs within the operations, including but not limited to: proposal support activities, negotiations of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, preparation of solicitations packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiations of terms and conditions, award of subcontracts, subcontract administration, issue resolution and closeout activities.
- Developing strategy for competitions, negotiations, and managing subcontractor/supplier performance
- Ensuring that subcontract files are appropriately reviewed and approved in accordance with the Authority to Operate and in compliance with all contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations, conducting regular file audits
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with other functions and suppliers to solve issues of varying degrees of complexity
- Ensuring that customer solicitations are reviewed for potential risks, including compliance with requirements
- Developing prime contract flow down documents
- Working closely with cross-functional leadership, to ensure subcontracting activities are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements, financial and operational objectives. Collaborating on and driving resolution of procurement issues affecting performance.
- Monitoring supplier compliance, including timely delivery of deliverables, in coordination with the operations
- Resolving supplier performance and/or quality issues in collaboration with operational leadership
- Advising operations leadership on procurement issues
- Promoting a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Managing procurement professionals in executing day-to-day activities. Providing training, mentorship to a team with varied levels of proficiencies. Conducting performance reviews, define development actions, identify and engage with top talent in his/her team.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs)
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience leading a team of 7+ professionals
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation, subcontracts administration, and contractor/subcontractor performance management
- Strong knowledge of federal subcontracting and as well as a strong grasp of negotiation techniques.
- Executive presence and a strong business acumen
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with executives and representing functional plans and priorities to senior leaders
- Drive organizational efficiencies and savings to the business
- Initiative to proactively engage and operate outside of one’s comfort zone
- Experience with CostPoint ERP
- CPSM, CPC or CFCM, ISM, APICS, PMI PMP, or other relevant professional certification(s)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to energize a geographically dispersed team of professionals at various levels
- Experience within the Healthcare industry
- Experience manages high procurement volume/transaction portfolios and establishing solutions to reduce procurement cycle times and increase procurement velocity
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.