Associate Director, Business Technology Sourcing Center of Excellence Lead
Organon Portugal has an exciting and challenging position for a candidate with relevant procurement and leadership experience within Business Technology environment.
Associate Director, Business Technology Sourcing Center of Excellence Lead
This role is based in Lisbon.
Welcome to the team
Our Company's Global Procurement & Supplier Management (GPSM) Organization partners with the business to develop and execute direct and indirect sourcing strategies, enabled by agile business processes and strong supplier performance management, to drive improved business outcomes. The Associate Director, Sourcing Center of Excellence (COE) Lead, will report to the Director, Sourcing COE.
Purpose of the role
Sourcing Leadership for all categories within Business Technology, Services, Hardware, Software, Telecom, Mobility and Cloud. Establishing and leading cross-functional teams of GPSM Leads, Stakeholders and Business Partners through Sourcing Management as a structured process to develop and deliver procurement strategies that create real value for the organization. Delivery of breakthrough results in savings and other departmental objectives, such as attaining supplier diversity targets. Leadership of Supplier Performance Management, Category Strategy Development and Management, Project Portfolio Development and Savings Management. Stakeholder Alignment and Management – ensuring buy-in for initiatives, developing and supporting stakeholder initiatives, supporting profit planning process, facilitating achievement of business goals.
- Use Sourcing Management as a structured process, creating and leading cross-functional teams or overseeing the BPO’s execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional teams to create breakthrough strategies which both deliver quick wins and genuine innovative breakthroughs.
- Oversee the delivery of sourcing initiatives including RFI, RFP, negotiations by the central teams and/or BPO to put in place the right suppliers.
- Personally, and proactively manage all aspects of implementation, including entry and exit of suppliers and the ensuing complex change management issues. Oversee the execution of the strategy implementation, where applicable.
- Build relationships and manage key supplier performance against business requirements using proven processes to drive the realization of the full value of the key relationships. Continuous Improvement – Ensure that supplier relationships are set up for future continuous improvement and to lead review processes which ensures delivery of on-going improvement.
- Work in a way that positively engages the support of stakeholders using problem solving and proactive communication skills.
- Build a keen insight and understanding of business requirements on a 1-3-5-year horizon.
- The candidate will be a high-quality achiever who gets the right things done in the right way.
- Use thorough market knowledge and data analysis to gain critical insights that drive the selection of sourcing strategies and continuous improvement activities. Actively participate in relevant industry conferences and events. Provide guidance, counsel and leadership to the team and wider organization in matters related to the categories under management.
- High quality project and program management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internal and external through to successful completion.
- Proactive Cost Management: Achieve cost control, cost reduction, and cost containment targets, and add value to area of expenditure through a strong Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) orientation and process management. Performance - Deliver ongoing savings as required, as well as meeting the stakeholder business requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of the sourcing team, helping them build their knowledge in the categories under management.
- Bachelor’s degree, Preferred: MBA or advanced degree and / or relevant certifications desirable.
- 10+ years in Procurement or related field with experience in across multiple Indirect Categories across, divisions and markets.
- Complex Negotiation Skillset.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze large complex data sets to derive relevant intelligence in developing sourcing strategies or supporting negotiations.
- Able to understand a global long-term vision based on a thorough understanding of industry trends and opportunities.
- Ability to engage with business leaders around business strategy, goals, and business outcomes, and apply sound judgment and decision making.
- Advanced ability to partner, collaborate and impact decisions at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and find innovative solutions whilst working in an ambiguous, transformational business environment.
- Strong communications and influencing skills at senior levels.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Strong Market Knowledge across Indirect Categories and/or skillsets to benchmark and scan market to gain insights.
- Strong Portfolio Management Skillset.
- Creative, self-starter and bias for action.
- English language fluency.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic, and challenging environment with excellent personal development opportunities. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive collective health care and insurance packages
- Solid Pension Plan
- Meal allowance
- Annual bonus based on company performance.
- Company car for commuting.
- Numerous training, coaching, and e-learning modules for long-term job opportunities and development
Secondary Job Description
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Annualized Salary Range
Annualized Salary Range (Global)
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisites
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1