Eaton’s Bussmann division is currently seeking a Marketing Director in Ellisville, MO. Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
The primary function of this position is to develop the strategic marketing, customer experience, and marcom plan, and in collaboration with the VP of Sales and VP/GM develop the pricing strategy for the Bussmann Division.
In this function you will:
• Working closely with the Bussmann Leadership Team, lead the development of the long-term strategic marketing plan for the division
• In partnership with Bussmann’s Finance resources, VP of Sales, and the VP/GM, develop and deploy the overall pricing strategy for the Bussmann Division that is aligned with the Marketing and Sales strategy
• Provide leadership over the Bussmann pricing team to ensure the execution of the pricing strategy and the efficient commercial operations
• Develop an understanding of customer personas and what drives their engagement, specifically with regard to technology, service and pricing; develop and execute a customer experience strategy, aligned with Bussmann’s divisional strategy
• Provide leadership to the Marketing Communications Team and the Customer Experience team with a particular focus on optimizing sales operations functions and Bussmann commercial customer interfaces by leveraging the latest technology and digital platforms
• Provide leadership to Bussmann’s Application Engineering organization
• Direct the day-to-day focus and results of marketing for the vertical markets that the business serves
• Achieve or exceed profit plan by alignment with each of the division’s growth programs, price plans, new product development, and target and growth customers
• Develop a talent pipeline for commercial and business leadership positions focused on cross functional assignments that builds organizational capability through effective leadership and engagement aligned to Eaton’s goals, values, and philosophy of direct and functional reporting teams
• Special projects as assigned
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in product management, sales, operations, and/or marketing
• Minimum three (3) years of manager of people experience
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• MBA or advanced degree
• Extensive experience in marketing, sales, channel management, and product management.
• Experience with strategic pricing and relevant market- based tools to maximize price, mix, and volume as it relates to customer negotiations.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and partner with global cross-functional team in the development and implementation of strategies and growth initiatives.
• Ability to represent Bussmann on Electrical Sector Americas pricing and marketing councils to drive consistent strategies and approaches across the organization.
• Strong background in goal deployment, commercial executions, sales results and organizational development that engages and motivates team members internal and external to Bussmann.
• Stewardship with applicable codes & standards linked to growth programs, product development, and marketing activities to position division and Eaton as a market leader and trusted advisor to customers.
Other Duties Include:
• Evaluating the trends within various market segment to determine how Bussmann can best create shareholder value within that space
• Development and execution of a mergers & acquisition plan focused on growing Bussmann in alignment with its strategic objectives
• Evolving the customer interface to keep it current with the evolving selling cycle and also ensure that we have the information, marcom and interfaces needed by our distributors
• Identify and understand the technological landscape in the industry and develop and execute plans with the Director of Engineering to position Bussmann appropriately
• That the members of our AE team are actively engaged on Code, Standard and other regulatory panels to influence statutory language that benefits Bussmann and Eaton
• Application Engineers are developing relationships with individuals that write specifications at OEMs and end customers that benefit Bussmann
• Development of technical and thought leadership material that is utilized for training and marketing purposes
• Our Application Engineering team is linked into the Eaton NAS Application Engineering organization to drive similar results and in sure alignment with Eaton’s strategy
• Oversight of all Vertical Market growth initiatives, sales performance, market development, customer management, development of marketing programs, and vertical market pricing strategies and deal optimization.
• Lead customer connectivity efforts including developing marketing collateral, new product launch materials, catalog updates, and on-line sales tools.
• Provide leadership in coordinating front-end initiatives with field sales, division Product Marketing and Operational functional teams to ensure product, market-based, and customer strategies are compelling and aligned to industry trends and customer requirements.
• Lead the development of digital product offerings, app solutions, software, services and other alternative growth models.
• Develop a rapport with both internal and external customers, as well as the other Bussmann teams in EMEA, LATAM and APAC and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve key relationships. Focus on growing and retaining existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to customers.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $168750.0 - $247500.0 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.