Director, Manufacturing Technology Services ( R-00057024 )
Leidos's CIO Services Group has an immediate opening for a Director of Manufacturing Technology Services role, which reports directly to the Vice President of Enterprise Applications. In this role, you will establish and lead the Manufacturing Technology Services Portfolio that includes establishing Leidos wide manufacturing systems including MRP, MES, and Interfaces to Product Lifecycle Management, ERP, and Supply Chain systems in support of manufacturing. You will be responsible for all aspects of the service, including strategy, design, deployment, service delivery, operations, and continual improvement. As a portfolio director you will have budget optimization, customer relations, and service delivery responsibility.
- Define and execute strategic vision for Leidos Manufacturing Technology services aligned to functional needs to include MES rollout, MRP, interfaces to PLM, ERP, and Supply Chain systems
- Partner with the Manufacturing Center of excellence on Manufacturing Business Process definition and system requirements
- Responsible for meeting availability and performance SLOs and customer commitments as well as driving evolution of ] services to meet business needs
- Provide technical assistance to project leads and the overall team in order prevent and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to identify and solve issues and remove roadblocks when required.
- Provide engineering and technical support services to functional groups to include providing specific tool studies, systems analyses, testing and evaluation, and to supplement operational technical assistance as required.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and line of business teams to ensure ]solutions empower business success
- Partner with other CIO towers including Corporate Information Security, Data Center, Operations, and Enterprise Infrastructure teams to ensure integrated solutions are fully vetted and executed
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field and 12+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering or operations. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years working in product development, ideally with multiple delivered products in a medium to high volume industry.
- Production Operations Knowledge - understanding of how complex production lines operate including key items such as industrial workings between departments.
- Experience in planning activities and vendor management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute enterprise scale projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage set, monitor and manage budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both in writing and verbally, to a wide-range of audiences.
- Experience leading virtual teams.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Ability to successfully work in a rapidly-changing environment and to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to solve complex problems, often with limited information and guidance
- Knowledge of Solumina MES and/or Costpoint ERP platforms
- Possess one of the following certifications: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping