VP, Information Technology (343810)
This leadership position, VP of Technology Westchester, will report to the North America Commercial CIO. The role is accountable for the following.
- Develop and drive the execution of a Westchester IT strategy and future state application blueprint in alignment with business goals and drivers.
- Ensure optimal organization design driving role clarity, division of labor and clear accountability.
- Ensure compliance with all Enterprise IT policies, standards and guiding principles.
- Identify, promote, define and design practical and innovative business technology solutions in line with business technology strategies managing from qualified idea, concept/business requirements through design.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the proper execution of solution design with a focus on new business direction in Platform thinking, Digital and Analytics.
- Manage and ensure application development & architectural principles (business, application, information and technical) are in alignment with enterprise architectural principles.
- Pursue, where it is practical, emerging technologies that offer potential value to the Westchester business customers and Chubb in general.
- Collaborate with key groups in IT to promote best practices, processes, and procedures throughout IT.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills driving and promoting a culture of focus and collaborative execution with integrity.
- Exhibit strong collaboration skills to ensure the goals of Westchester IT are met in addition to IT department goals.
- Challenge conventional practices and status quo with the goal of continually improving IT’s abilities to deliver practical business solutions.
- Develop future leaders of Westchester IT and Chubb IT.
- Drive agility, strategy, innovation and collaboration as part of IT’s critical success factors.
- Facilitate and provide leadership in the development of strategies to identify and design solutions to business challenges.
- Promote the most effective and efficient means of delivering IT products and services through reuse, sharing, buying vs. building, etc.
- Position Westchester IT/Chubb to exploit the evolution of new technologies by providing high level technical consulting and lending expertise to application development teams and senior management.
- Ensure compliance with corporate IT standards, guidelines and best practices with regard to information technology, SDLC, data integrity, and architecture.
- Demonstrate the ability to create original concepts and approaches for testing/refining existing theories and processes as well as focusing on looking forward to new solutions and processes.
- Ensure that Westchester IT maintains immediate and long-term system stability and quality through product design processes and procedures.
- Ensure the maturation of Westchester IT/Chubb IT’s SDLC and Project Management processes.
- Establish and maintain a high level of client trust and confidence in the team’s knowledge of and concern for Westchester IT’s business issues.
- Identify and collaborate to use critical IT and business unit resources required to support Westchester IT, enterprise IT, and business unit objectives.
- Work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- Accountable for maximizing Westchester IT’s return on investment in technology.
- Ensure solutions are designed in the most cost-effective manner.
- Work within Westchester IT budget constraints.
- Create realistic and measurable business cases.
- IT professional with 10-15 years experience in a global company, preferably in the property and casualty insurance industry with experience managing a team of at least 50 associates.
- Strong business planning, analytical, and conceptual skills.
- Hands-on experience in business process management.
- Sound strategic planning skills.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of IT.
- Exceptional ability to focus and collaboratively execute.
- Experience operating and leading in flexible, sometime ambiguous organization.
- Extensive experience integrating technology, people, and processes.
- Independence, flexibility, creativity, and problem solving to produce rapid results with minimum direction in a complex environment.
- Competency and flexibility in understanding diverse and complex business and technical problems, customer requirements, and functional/business objectives while developing efficient and effective solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership style that communicates, instills confidence, and inspires and motivates others to contribute to and support the vision, diversity initiatives, and business strategies of Commercial Insurance IT, Enterprise IT, and Chubb.
- Superior organizational development skills and adept at cost effectively balancing the internal workforce with outside consultants and services to provide the appropriate speed-of-service and quality-of-output.