Senior Director Technology - Telecommute in Franklin, TN (99099526)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Franklin, TN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide technical strategic leadership for new cross-product, cross business, and new business technical development initiatives
- M&A - IT leader and primary IT accountability and coordinator for potential mergers and acquisition technical engagement and due diligence and client IT interactions
- Vendor Mgmt - Technical steward and relationship owner with 3rd party technical and data vendors
- Advise business and product stakeholder on potential and emerging technical trends in the commercial healthcare marketplace
- Optum Advisory Services Liaison - Work collaboratively with OAS on potential technical and data opportunities and solutions
- Advising and directing technical teams to ensure delivery quality, timeline, and cost cohesion
- Act as first/central point of contact with OptumInsight business leaders on matters of relevant scope
- Client IT Relationship Management – Foster solid relationships of trust and mutual respect with client IT leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience Proven experience leading development teams toward success new healthcare product launches
- 5+ years of experience with new client technical and data implementations
- 5+ years of technical solution architecture experience
- Proven experience translating high level and sometime ambiguous business requirements into effective and practical technical architectural concepts
- Expert level (broad and wide) understanding of health care technology and data trends relevant to both payers and providers
- Proven technology leadership success in delivering significant business value working in both large corporate IT environment and small start-up IT environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Excellent communication skills – able to represent Optum in client facing technology strategy discussions but also able to converse productively with internal technical resources on technical topics
- Proven success in developing successful new healthcare commercial products and services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director Technology, Senior Director, Director Technology, Technology Director, Franklin, TN, Tennessee. telecommute, telecommuting, remote, work from home