Senior Director, End User Technology Operations - MN or Telecommute (99081668)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will be accountable for the health and performance of some of our most critical systems at UHG and will be responsible for managing several key customer and technology partner relationships that UHG depends upon in order to do business. High levels of emotional maturity, critical thinking, team building, operational process rigor and cross-team collaboration will be required to be successful in this role. This is a high visibility opportunity and provides interaction and exposure to some of the most senior leaders at UHG.
If you are located in Minnesota, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensure that the EUTSD technology infrastructure and operations strategy/plan is aligned to business objectives
- Deploy, support, and maintain all End User Technology solutions, providing an excellent user experience
- Partner with Engineering, Product Management, and other End User Technology teams to ensure roadmaps are in place to support all system migrations, operational readiness, and enterprise communications
- Serve as the accountable owner for all End User Technology operational SLA performance.
- Own all operational change management roadmaps for the EUTSD platforms
- Own infrastructure, ITSM process and reporting, monitoring solutions, incident and problem management, technology procurement and operational best practice adoption
- Drive and manage vendor partnerships to improve stability, increase scalability and reduce costs.
- Participate in creating multi-year capability planning and roadmaps
- Provide leadership to manage 160+ global team members, with a focus on talent management, career progression and employee engagement
- Proactively identify and implement efficiency improvements and technology advancements that deliver tangible returns
- Establish business continuity and disaster recovery procedures, processes, and technology infrastructure to ensure achievement of availability targets
- Collaborate with Enterprise security teams to monitor usage, identify potential threats/risks/ and mitigate all security exposures through immediate action, proactive changes, and technology updates
- Establish a culture of modern operational excellence and continuous improvement. Build and mature operational capabilities that allow for operational stability, performance, efficiency, and scalability of systems
- Drive transformation to modernize operations by leveraging System Reliability Engineering principles that reduce system downtime and increase automation
- Be a talent magnet for End User Technology, helping to elevate the quality of global engineering talent
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of progressive technology leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in leading platform operations for large enterprise services
- Proven success in leading large global teams (150+) and leading through other leaders
- Experience leading through influence in a large, matrixed, and global environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing the work from vendor teams, to ensure contracted deliverables, quality, and other performance standards are met
- Track record of running large-scale operations to support and provide an excellent customer experience
- Broad technology experience, including complex systems integration, and infrastructure operations
- Demonstrated success leveraging technology to meet business objectives
- Demonstrated strategy thinking abilities and enterprise-wide perspective
- History of executing with excellence – setting up purposeful goals and achieving through strategy/plan, balancing competing priorities without losing momentum on key priorities
- Knowledge of ITSM process, Enterprise Monitoring solutions, and experience in implementing operational best practices
- Proven history of effective working relationship with leaders and key business partners to drive change agendas
- Proven ability to sell ideas to/influence people outside of direct team members
- Track record of delivering business results
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Past demonstrated experience in implementing modern operations leveraging System Reliability Engineering principles
- Healthcare industry experience
- Success driving a shift to Agile delivery model
- Past Merger & Acquisition/integration experience
- Solid influencing, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of emotional intelligence and resiliency
- Leadership style which fosters employee engagement, accountability, problem solving and negotiations skills
- Outstanding collaborating capabilities across multiple levels in the organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidat es prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, End User Technology Operations, Technology Operations, Work From Home, WFH, Work At Home, WAH