Senior Manager, Manufacturing Technology-SUF (R1557357-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Develop and lead a high-performance team; manage the recruitment and development of staff. Invest in the development of current and future leadership through assignment of development opportunities, coaching, mentoring, and effective administration of rewards and recognition.
- Serve as an effective partner for manufacturing groups, bringing technical expertise from development and MS&T lab groups to the manufacturing floor, and relaying the voice of the operations staff back to development and MS&T lab scientists.
- Evaluates process performance by comparing manufacturing data to historical data through univariate and multivariate techniques with recommendations generated for process enhancement
- Routinely liaises with MS&T Process Champions, SUF Manufacturing Operations, and Devens MS&T regarding strategies for technical and operational improvements, investigation resolution, and process validation.
- Independently lead cross functional project teams to drive complex process improvement or to enable or enhance organizational capabilities.
- Provides process subject matter expertise for regulatory inspections and other interactions with regulatory agencies
- Establishes high performance standards, defines clear accountability, and leads by developing, adopting and supporting continuous improvement.
- Actively communicates group’s activities and progress through varied technical and non-technical forums.
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of engineering and science generally attained through studies resulting in a BS (>8 years)/MS (>6 years)/PhD (>4 years) in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, or its equivalent.
- Expertise in at least one area of drug-substance bioprocessing such as cell-culture/fermentation, protein purification, process development, manufacturing support, or protein chemistry is required.
- Knowledge of mammalian-based biologics manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Mastery of SOPs, cGMPs and the know how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
- Proven project management skills that include leading cross functional teams and effectively balancing project assignments with other duties.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills. Interpersonal and facilitation skills necessary to lead people and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Expertise in univariate (Discoverant, JMP, Seeq) and multivariate (SIMCA-online) data analysis desired
- Experience in working in / leading cross-functional teams is essential.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills are essential along with strong leadership skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to mentor junior staff.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.