Information Technology - Chief Systems Engineer/Engineering Manager ( R-00086044 )
The Federal Health Operation has an opening for an Information Technology - Chief Systems Engineer/Engineering Manager for a DoD customer, located at Ft. Detrick, MD. Position is with a DoD Acquisition Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO), supporting Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated medical research and acquisition. Candidates will work for the Leidos Project Manager but is expected to work independently with government and major customers to accomplish assignments without much direction.
- Lead and manage a team and provide guidance on Systems Engineering processes and methodologies.
- Manages the eIT PMO strategic plan and associated artifacts.
- Lead engineering and architecture efforts of Enterprise IT initiatives and solutions.
- Develop and present Command Level briefings, both to internal and external audiences.
- Liaise with customer organizations to understand their mission, business processes, and capability needs, in order to guide requirements identification and definition.
- Analyzes specific product alternatives to recommend the best choice to fulfill the identified need.
- Apply knowledge of IT systems, hardware, software, networks, and vendor services to support all eIT PMO activities.
- Develops an understanding of the DoD acquisition process to efficiently support all eIT PMO activities.
- Liaise with vendors, industry peers, and other IT professionals for problem resolution.
- Develops and updates the 5-year Strategic Plan.
- Performs, at a minimum, a yearly assessment of all eIT PMO architecture and strategic planning products.
- Maintains the Systems Engineering Management process and all associated Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Templates.
- Authors briefings, tasker responses, decision papers, position papers, flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
- Reviews and approves technical document artifacts as required.
- Works with the Command Level Enterprise Architect and related activities.
- Must have a college degree from an accredited university.
- Experience to manage, lead, and mentor an Engineering team in a collaborative environment.
- Systems Engineering experience in an acquisition/capture capacity.
- Experience with a MBSE tool (Sparx, Rhapsody, Cameo, etc.) to generate DoDAF artifacts.
- Must be able to work effectively, both with others and on your own.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- DoD acquisition experience
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR Regulations and Guidelines
- DHA and Army processes and guidelines
- MBSE Tools (Sparx, Rhapsody, Cameo, etc)
- Knowledge of BPMN, SysML, and/or UAF/UPDM
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.