Manager, Technology Business Management (2106492)
Manager, Technology Business Management - ( 2106492 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson’s Technology Business Management team is looking for an experienced Business Manager to Partner with Digital and Technology leadership and provide services that enable successful business outcomes. This position helps tactically address service and process issues that arise. Additionally, this position is the first line of defense for our support-base and an advocate for change where necessary. Other responsibilities include helping with the development of graduates and interns within the TBM team and driving key deadlines/ensure deliverables are met.
- Spend support:
- Participate in monthly/quarterly finance sessions.
- Support purchase order budget approval
- Good receipting (GRing) governance in terms of reporting and adherence
- Annual AOP assistance to D&T leadership
- Collaborate with our finance shared service team regarding forecasting.
- Time Reporting
- Disseminate tailored time reports across the organization.
- Review monthly report data and provide observations/recommendations to pillar leaders.
- Work with pillars to re-develop project code and task frameworks to align with TCO.
- Govern and support templates and trackers for head count management.
- Facilitate monthly headcount meetings between leadership and key stakeholders.
- Support the requisition process as needed.
- Metrics and OKRs
- Support annual review of metrics and OKRs – ensuring a clean set of data for the new year.
- Ensure updates are completed monthly, chase metric owners for missing/incomplete information when appropriate, raise any concerns, and escalate as needed.
- Ops Reviews
- Ensure up-to-date financials are entered within the Ops Deck (Smartsheets).
- Review slides for our respective pillars and escalate any gaps prior to deadlines.
- Maintain a TCO model that leaders can use to make quantifiable business decisions.
- Proactively evaluate the data provided through the model and raise business recommendations.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Key Essential Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships.
- Strategic thinker with an analytical mindset to identify and address issues quickly with high level of detail.
- Focused individual who is driven to deliver outcomes against tight deadlines and excels at being a team player.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to administer and maintain large amounts of data and create data visualizations.
- Dynamic in approach and operates at a fast pace
- Experience with Project Management tools with experience creating schedules, reports, and executive dashboards, preferably in Smartsheet
- Proficient in MS Office suite essential - practical experience of using Excel (Pivot tables & complex formulas) and SharePoint
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to multi-task
- Aptitude for working with budgets, financial trackers and forecasts
- Strong learning orientation with a high level of personal motivation to achieve
- Educated to degree level.
Primary Location : US-NC-Durham
Other Locations : GB-GB-London
Work Locations :
US-NC-Durham-5425 Page Churchill5425 Page Road
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 11, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106492