Are you an innovative thinker with a proven track record of helping Consumer Products & Retail companies transform their workforce to achieve their business goals?
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Consumer Products and Retailsector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.
Our Merchandising Transformation Practice provides services Merchandising Technology Transformation and Applications Implementation. We modernize our client's business and core environments to leverage technology innovations to deliver Merchandising capabilities such as line planning, merch financial planning, assortment planning, space planning, pricing, promotions, markdowns, size/pack, inventory management, allocations, replenishment and forecasting.
We help our clients address digital transformation by designing modern applications and retail and wholesale specific solutions to deliver outcomes that improve merchandising outcomes.
Professionals can expect to deliver "heart of the business" projects and work closely with client leaders in Product Development, Merchandising, Planning and Inventory Management. Our clients typically include the CEO, CMO, CIO and COO
Customer Strategy & Applied Design
Our Customer Strategy & Applied Design team focuses on helping clients discover, design, and prototype customer growth strategies and innovation portfolios to create and drive change in a digital world. We bring knowledge and offerings to uncover the behaviors, motivations and preferences of our clients' customers and develop new experiences for them. Our team of professionals has deep capabilities in strategy, customer experience, digital strategy and innovation.
We deliver set of customer focused work:
• Customer Strategy | Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer value drivers and make choices about the markets and segments they serve through digital, social, and mobile channels; optimize pricing decisions and shape the most strategic issues on the CMO agenda
• Customer Experience | Help clients improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the customer and the organization across the lifecycle of sales, marketing and service at each and every touch point.
• Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype and launch new businesses and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive growth
• Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision and articulate "digital" as a business strategy aligned with their CEO's agenda - and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to compete in the marketplace for customers and talent
Work you'll do
You will lead and deliver components of complex client engagements that identify, design and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Your responsibilities will include providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovation approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the qualify of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
Manager level responsibilities include:
- 7+ years of experience working in the Retail/Wholesale space either in a consulting firm or directly in the Retail/Wholesale industry (general merchandisers, specialty apparel or footwear, large food or drug stores, big box stores, etc.) This industry experience is a must.
- 5+ years of experience implementing systems that support the key processes including allocation, replenishment, forecasting, merch financial planning and assortment planning.
- Technology implementation experience using Merchandising suites such as Oracle, Blue Yonder, SAP, SAS, Mi9, etc. delivering applications that deliver capabilities such as Line Planning, Merch Financial Planning, Assortment Planning, Space Planning, Pricing, Promotions, Markdowns, Size/Pack, Inventory Management, Allocations, Replenishment and Forecasting.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (while up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to Covid-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Visa sponsorship-Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including project planning, budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Experience with selling to C-level executives and other business development activities.
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, MS Office applications and training development tools.
- Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte . Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world . Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals .