Public Relations Manager- Consumer & Technology, Media & Telecommunications (29895)
- Collaborate with senior leadership to drive external communication objectives and programs designed to strategically position Deloitte in the marketplace.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and provide strategic counsel to senior leadership.
- Serve as a key media contact and be responsible for enhancing and cultivating relationships with the media.
- Oversee the development and execution of programs and press materials.
- Help prepare leaders to represent the firm through external channels.
- Drive external eminence for Deloitte through proactively pitching stories positioning the firm, senior leadership, and other industry leaders as valuable media sources on specific topics.
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by providing refresher media training as appropriate, and facilitating and coordinating media training for spokespeople when required.
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results.
- Manage and work with less experienced members of the team to ensure successful results and help them develop the skills necessary to reach the next level in their career.
- Manage external PR agency resources.
Deloitte's Communications team provides value by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.
- Communications professional with a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, English, public relations or journalism.
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services.
- Experience developing and executing executive positioning programs and working with senior leaders and the teams who support them.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead team members, providing effective guidance, coaching and capability development, maintaining close understanding of all team activities, ensuring high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implementing course corrections when needed.
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word; knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
- Experience in Consumer and Technology, Media & Telecommunications industries.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.