Core Technology Operations Application Development - Manager
CORE BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Core Business Operations (CBO) is an integrated set of offerings that addresses our clients' core business issues. CBO provides a gamut of consulting services spanning advisory, implementation and operations. CBO practitioners help our clients transform, modernize, and run their existing technology platforms right from process design to implementation and finally ensuring roll-out transition.
CBO has five different offerings - Application Modernization & Innovation focused on the delivery and support of large scale software applications and integrated systems; Cloud Engineering focused on end-to-end cloud services from migration strategy into transformation and cloud operations; Core Industry Solutions focused on industry vertical, sector specific solutions that drive operational change and automate the core of the business; Operations Transformation focused on creating a flexible, innovative business model for clients supported by a strong operations foundation; and Core Technology Operations focuses on providing services that support multi-year technology engagements around application management and development. CBO serves clients across Life Sciences and Health Care, Government & Public Services, Leisure & Hospitality, Financial Services among other industries.
CORE TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Core Technology Operations specialists help clients deliver large multi-year engagements around application management and development. This group provides flexible, recurring resource capacity for client initiative, projects, tasks, and enhancements which includes Program Management, Quality Engineering, Infrastructure, Shared Services, Application Development and Product Engineering.
As a Manager at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for designing, developing managing and deploying large scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in the Java J2EE technology stack. You will work with functional and technical teams on the project located across shores. You will need to understand functional requirements and should be able to develop technical design, using design patterns and be able to communicate the same effectively to the team members as well as managing large projects and teams.
Work you'll do
• Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects
• Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
• Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project.
• Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
CBO practitioners work on design, delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to cloud based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector focused packages. As a Java/J2EE capability hire on this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or cloud-based service.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Skills / Project Experience - required:
- 8 years of web or application development experience using Java / JEE, technology stack.
- Experience with working on any one of the web frameworks: Spring, Struts, etc. and on data access frameworks like JDBC, Hibernate etc.
- Ability to write build/configuration scripts using build tools (Ant, Maven and scripting) and code configuration tools (Subversion, Github, Perforce etc.)
- Ability to work with automated unit test frameworks like Junit
- Ability to write SQL with simple Joins on RDBMS or unstructured databases like MongoDB.
- Experience working on business development activities such as request for proposals.
- Travel up to 50% - on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Skills / Project Experience - good to have
- Experience with Microservices development using Spring Boot or any other technology framework.
- Experience in working with Web Technologies JSP, Servlets
- Experience with working on web/application servers (Tomcat, Jboss etc.)
- Experience with webservice development (SOAP / REST)
- Experience with software design patterns like creational, structural, behavioral and concurrency patterns
- Experience with JMS, listeners configuration, queue configuration etc., batch scheduling techniques (Quartz)
- Experience on Agile/Scrum based delivery.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of: OOPS, Core Java, Collections, Multithreading etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly across teams in the project
- Ability to quickly learn and deliver on analogous technologies not previously worked on
- Industry recognized Technology Certification.