Interim Marketing Technology Manager (799388800)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our mission.
The Technology, Product and Services team is responsible for managing a best-of-breed marketing technology ecosystem, leading training and change management within the department, managing efficient gift processing including bequests and stewarding donors with exceptional service.
The created role of Interim Marketing Technology Manager is critical to MSF USA’s successful utilization of our modern marketing and fundraising technology stack to achieve our ambitious fundraising goals. This position works with the Director, Technology, Products, and Services and our technology vendors to align marketing and fundraising technology with team strategy and execution goals. The Interim MarTech Manager role combines business analysis, solutions architecture, product management, project management and internal support and training, flexing as needed to ensure the success of key tech initiatives. Your ultimate goal is to develop, deliver and support an integrated marketing stack that helps the organization achieve data driven, personalized, automated supporter and donor engagement.
As the ideal candidate, you LOVE marketing, fundraising, AND what’s possible with technology and have an aptitude for data. You have a deep knowledge of marketing automation, with expertise specifically with the Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud, and regularly keep up to date on technology trends and the constant changes and developments in the industry. You’re comfortable as a generalist who can apply the right lens to different technology projects at different points in time, and you have a service orientation towards the team, always looking to offer new value. You’re as comfortable being hands-on with the systems as you are being a strategic internal consultant to help marketers understand what’s possible with the tech. You’re a self-starter, excited to learn new technologies, interested in how complex systems operate, and ready to join a fast-paced team chasing big goals.
Serve as a subject matter expert in MSF-USA’s suite of marketing and collaboration technology, including playing a key role in the implementation and continued optimization of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Springboard, and Salesforce CRM (upcoming).
Act as primary manager of the marketing technology stack, including new staff onboarding, account set up and access, basic configuration and troubleshooting, cataloging, relational structure, connectivity, data flows, and retirements.
- Lead/support the search for new MarTech tools and platforms to meet business needs including collecting requirements, managing stakeholder buy-in, vendor RFPs and evaluations, contract negotiations, implementation, project-managing roll out and ensuring adoption.
- With each new product iteration (features, enhancements or new solutions altogether), evaluate benefit to the business teams, prioritize and promote internally.
- Working with Senior Manager, Training and Change management develop and maintain technical/business process documentation and training assets to support onboarding of new staff.
- Deliver user training and support channel managers from a technical perspective on acquisition, retention, and cultivation efforts.
• Collaborate with audience and channel managers to understand their marketing and fundraising goals and challenges and help them identify strategies to bring about measurable results using the existing marketing technology stack. Identify what additional technology we might need and how to adapt our current tools to meet new needs.
• Own the Marketing Automation process via Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Springboard, and NPSP, including:
- Implement marketing technology/automation-related data fields.
- Serve as a business analyst working with technology vendors for larger tech stack changes;
- Define, implement, maintain, and document marketing automation best practices including list management, optimization, data quality and hygiene, and troubleshooting automation activities.
- Act as a source of information on trends and innovation in marketing automation and technology. Bring new ideas to the team for consideration.
• Maintain and enhance the existing solution stack, focusing on full adoption. Promote capabilities and evangelize use cases that empower business users to achieve more with existing tools. The solutions must be fine-tuned to support the business with keen attention to continuous improvement.
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing experience with either building, testing, & deploying omni-channel campaigns or CRM and customer data manipulation (e.g. segmentation, database queries, reporting tools).
- Solid understanding of direct (B2C) marketing concepts, especially as they relate to email marketing. Knowledge of mobile, social, online advertising / retargeting, and ecommerce are definite assets.
- A comprehensive understanding of Salesforce marketing cloud and industry best practices to support omnichannel campaigns and fundraising.
- Experience partnering with various stakeholders to develop & implement flows and journeys that power modern marketing.
- Proven ability to quickly evaluate vendors, platforms and software for solution delivery as well as experience developing training and providing user support.
- A creative and forward thinker, problem solver, facilitator, communicator, and doer with a customer service mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities working with a fast-paced team.
- Understanding of and experience with nonprofit marketing, fundraising, and donor engagement.
- Practical experience with CRM/eCRM solutions for marketing, digital, and donor cultivation.
- Practical experience with Digital Monitoring Products or Customer Data Platforms.
- Experience managing internal collaboration and workflow tools.
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment for digital marketing programs including CAN-SPAM and GDPR compliance, as well as PCI compliance and data security.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Expected to work in a hybrid remote work environment with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub (Washington, DC or Bay Area, California) a minimum of 2 times a week.
No phone calls or emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Temporary FT Salaried Exempt
Starting salary high 80's to mid 90's (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)