McMurdo Information Technology and Communications Manager ( R-00069903-OTHLOC-6314 )
Leidos is seeking a McMurdo Information Technology & Communications Manager that will provide IT and Communications (IT&C) leadership and management for the United States Antarctic Program, McMurdo Station Infrastructure, and Services. This position includes the oversight of IT&C services provided to continental field camps provisions from McMurdo Station.
The McMurdo IT&C Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the McMurdo Station and supported field camp IT&C infrastructure and services. They will lead a team of 40 contracted staff, ensuring they are oriented and trained for their duties and tasking is well planned and executed to support the mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the McMurdo IT&C activities with the IT&C Enterprise environment, project activities, non-IT entities, and other government agencies and divisions.
- Perform annual budgetary planning/execution to ensure appropriate funding and expenditure using earned value methodologies.
- Manage hiring plan with 3rd party sub-contractor for deploying teams.
- Provide IT&C program orientation, training, and guidance to on-site staff.
- Develop and modify annual work plans/schedules for McMurdo IT&C staff to ensure infrastructure is properly maintained and operated, and meets the annual program objectives.
- Coordinate science planning requirements annually with the McMurdo IT&C staff to ensure science and technical participants have clear expectations set and are supported appropriately.
- Serve as the primary McMurdo IT&C Point of Contact for other divisions of Leidos/Antarctic Support Contract, National Science Foundation (NSF), partner agencies within the USAP, and other national programs requiring approved USAP IT&C support.
- Collaborates with IT&C/ASC partners and other USAP stations to help ensure seasonal objectives are met.
- Manages the McMurdo IT&C Service Desk and work centers ensuring IT&C services are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding McMurdo Station and associated field camp IT&C infrastructure, systems and processes to the IT&C and ASC Enterprise organization.
- Provides professional technical leadership to staff to establish a working environment consistent with USAP/IT&C goals and objectives.
- Creates a culture of collaboration, team building and ideation.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the job site.
- Handles confidential or sensitive matters in accordance with Leidos and program policies and guidance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a management or a technical field or minimum 6 years’ experience managing or operating within an IT or Communications field.
- Minimum four years of experience in a leadership/management role supervising a staff of 5 or more.
- Experience in 2 or more of the following technical fields: Networks, Servers/systems, Telecommunications, Cable Plant, Radio/RF Communications, Satellite ground stations, Desktop Support or Help/Service Desk services.
- Familiarity with Federal Information Security best practices and implementation.
- Industry experience working in a large cross-functional matrixed team environment.
- Service-based leadership skills.
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication skills and leadership ability required.
- Project Management experience is strongly preferred
- ITSM Service Management experience with facility services
- Strong personnel leadership and management of technical teams
- Five years of technical experience with computer systems, networks
*** Deployment to Antarctica is required (approximately 4 to 5 months / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations and obtain a background clearance required by the NSF to deploy to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.***