Merchandising/Blue Yonder Technology Transformation Senior Manager
Are you an innovative thinker with a proven track record of helping Consumer Products & Retail companies transform their workforce to achieve their business goals?
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Consumer Products and Retail sector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.
Our Merchandising Transformation Practice provides services Merchandising Technology Transformation and Applications Implementation. We modernize our client's business and core environments to leverage technology innovations to deliver Merchandising capabilities such as line planning, merch financial planning, assortment planning, space planning, pricing, promotions, markdowns, size/pack, inventory management, allocations, replenishment and forecasting.
We help our clients address digital transformation by designing modern applications and retail and wholesale specific solutions to deliver outcomes that improve merchandising outcomes.
Professionals can expect to deliver "heart of the business" projects and work closely with client leaders in Product Development, Merchandising, Planning and Inventory Management. Our clients typically include the CEO, CMO, CIO and COO
Customer Strategy & Applied Design
Our Customer Strategy & Applied Design team focuses on helping clients discover, design, and prototype customer growth strategies and innovation portfolios to create and drive change in a digital world. We bring knowledge and offerings to uncover the behaviors, motivations and preferences of our clients' customers and develop new experiences for them. Our team of professionals has deep capabilities in strategy, customer experience, digital strategy and innovation.
We deliver set of customer focused work:
Customer Strategy | Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer value drivers and make choices about the markets and segments they serve through digital, social, and mobile channels; optimize pricing decisions and shape the most strategic issues on the CMO agenda
Customer Experience | Help clients improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the customer and the organization across the lifecycle of sales, marketing and service at each and every touch point.
Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype and launch new businesses and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive growth
Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision and articulate "digital" as a business strategy aligned with their CEO's agenda - and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to compete in the marketplace for customers and talent
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager, you will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. You will contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways including:
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
- Participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Practice Development & Eminence:
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies, develop "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents, participate in public speaking events, get published in industry periodicals.
- Perform the role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- 10+ years of experience working in the Retail/Wholesale space either in a consulting firm or directly in the Retail/Wholesale industry (general merchandisers, specialty apparel or footwear, large food or drug stores, big box stores, etc.) This industry experience is a must.
- 7+ years of experience implementing systems that support the key processes including allocation, replenishment, forecasting, merch financial planning and assortment planning.
- Technology implementation experience using Merchandising suites such as Oracle, Blue Yonder, SAP, SAS, Mi9, etc. delivering applications that deliver capabilities such as Line Planning, Merch Financial Planning, Assortment Planning, Space Planning, Pricing, Promotions, Markdowns, Size/Pack, Inventory Management, Allocations, Replenishment and Forecasting.
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Visa sponsorship-Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including project planning, budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Experience with selling to C-level executives and other business development activities.
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, MS Office applications and training development tools.
- Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.