(Senior) Research Associate, Nanoparticle Technology Platform, Non-Viral Delivery - Cell Therapy
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven individual to join the Gene Delivery Process & Analytical Development team and support the development of next-generation technologies to enable non-viral delivery for our cell therapy processes. This (Senior) Research Associate will support execution of analytical methods for nanoparticle characterization, as well as scale-up activities for nanoparticle formulations.
- Design and execute fit-for-purpose analytical methods to characterize nanoparticle formulations
- Design and execute experiments to support downstream purification scale-up activities for nanoparticle formulations (i.e., liposomes, LNPs)
- Perform data analysis, interpretation, and presentation to the team and relevant stakeholders
- Maintain accurate and detailed electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) and documentation of experimental results
- Author technical documents including protocols, reports, and contribute to regulatory documents
- Research Associate: Bachelors (BS) Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline and 0-2 years relevant, hands-on lab experience
- Senior Research Associate: Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline and 0-2 (MS) or 2+ (B.S.) years relevant, hands-on lab experience
- Familiarity in separation techniques (HPLC/UPLC, FFF, SEC), electrophoresis techniques (CE, gel electrophoresis), and nanoparticle physicochemical characterization (UV-Vis, DLS, cryo-EM, nucleic acid quantification, fluorescence plate reader assays like Ribogreen, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through oral presentation and technical writing
- Independently motivated with ability to multi-task and problem-solve
- Familiarity with lipid-based nanoparticle formulation generation and purification with microfluidic mixing instrumentation, spin-filtration, TFF, sterile filtration, and aseptic processing
- Familiarity with aseptic mammalian cell culture (preferably with primary cells)
- Experience and working knowledge of concepts like statistical analysis and Design-of-Experiments (DOE)
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.