Technology and Cybersecurity Auditor
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Driving continuous improvement is what we are all about and you will support our efforts through providing objective evaluations of our technology and cybersecurity processes to make us better. You’ll gain exposure to the diverse aspects of our business through collaborating with different business leaders related to our technology and cybersecurity controls, processes, and systems. The work you perform is critical to reducing risk and providing solutions that protect our company, our employees and our shareholders. This role will be based out of various locations as listed in the posting. This role requires you to be in the office based on the schedule set by your manager but also provides flexibility to work from home.
- Planning and executing independent technology-based audits focused on cybersecurity and information systems across complex business processes.
- Being able to understand complex business processes and identify full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organizational, policy, and technology.
- Identifying and drafting risks, controls, and test steps to validate process efficiencies and effectiveness across the business, based on emerging technology and associated risks.
- Preparing clear and concise audit reports documenting audit findings and management’s recommendations for corrective actions.
- Communicating audit results with management, business stakeholders, and leadership.
- Participating in department initiatives to further develop the Internal Audit function.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a great teammate who enjoys collaborating with various partners to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand. You like digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that will have a huge impact. You're comfortable leading discussions with business stakeholders, and have the ability to learn new technology concepts on demand. You have a strong understanding of information technology general and advanced controls, key industry standard frameworks, and cybersecurity protocols.You're knowledgeable about networks, operating systems, midrange platforms, personal computers, system development, and client/server architecture. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and are able to summarize audit results and participate in communicating said findings to the appropriate level of management. You have strong project management skills, and are confident managing and conducting multiple audits with minimal supervision from beginning to end.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Four or more years of experience in Information Technology (IT) Audit, Internal Audit, Security & Privacy Services, Business Process Controls, IT Risk Management, SOX Advisory, or other IT or audit compliance related work.
- Professional certifications include Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification (CSX-P), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Internal Audit (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Working knowledge across a wide spectrum of frameworks and standards such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, COBIT, ISO 27001/27002, and CIS Security Controls.
- Risk Management experience (performing assessments, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks).
- Understanding of network and system security and practices across all major-computing areas (cloud, client/server, PC/LAN, VPN, DevOps) and Internet related technology.
- Prior work experience in a Public Accounting environment specializing in technology-based audits and cybersecurity.
- The ability to perform basic data queries and executive summary data visualizations through the use of SQL, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.