VP Mobile Engineering - Optum Technology - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an experienced and strategic Software Engineering executive with a track record of building high performance teams and driving enterprise digital transformation. This progressive VP, Mobile Engineering role will have the opportunity to transform UHC digital ecosystem and culture to become a Mobile First organization. This leader must have the skills and executive presence necessary to influence the enterprise future by ensuring the mobile solutions developed are powerful and transformative. This leader should be dynamic, flexible, and forward-thinking with a proven ability to develop and drive the mobile vision and architecture necessary to support the company’s long-term success.
As a leader in Consumer Engineering, a newly formed team delivering digital solutions for UHC, you will be partnering with CTO’s & CIO’s across the enterprise to drive the mobile agenda, form architectural guidelines and develop platform common components to empower teams to develop consistent and seamless digital interactions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Developing and growing a diverse team of Mobile Engineers through effective recruiting, mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies for key talents
- Ensuring high quality and on time delivery of our SDK implementations on both iOS and Android
- Engage with business and technology leaders to fully understanding business strategy and vision
- Drive the overall Consumer Engineering mobile architecture vision
- Partner with the Technical Product Mgmt. to define the technology roadmap (including the path from current state to future state)
- Drive digital modernization and rationalization agenda across the enterprise
- Help accelerate the enterprise cultural transformation to be mobile first and focused on consumer centricity
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years leading digital engineering teams
- Direct to consumer background (Digital, eCommerce and mobile)
- Demonstrated expertise in developing enterprise platform and leading large scale/high transaction consumer digital experiences
- Experience developing and growing a diverse team of Mobile Engineers through effective recruiting, mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies for key talents in a highly competitive environment
- Ensuring high quality and on time delivery of SDK implementations on both iOS and Android
- Developing and growing a diverse team of Mobile Engineers through effective recruiting, mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies for key talents in a highly competitive environment
- Expertise building mobile apps using modern software development methodologies and able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity
- Mobile UI/UX experience (preferably Apples Human Interface Design and Google Material Design)
- Experience building out consumer-facing products and platforms for mobile apps with high performance, availability, and high scalability
- Experience managing software engineering teams designing and building software products in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic software development environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $174,600 to $332,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.