Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
SAN and Backup Engineer
We are seeking a SAN and Backup Systems Administrator to join our multi-tenant Hosting
team to build a Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud offering for Epic’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software. You will serve as a subject matter expert and be responsible for oversight of the design, deployment, testing, and evaluation of our storage and backup architecture. You’ll apply your technical prowess and problem-solving skills to develop and maintain a robust, reliable, high-performance foundation for some of the largest healthcare organizations in the country to access our world-class software. Learn more about the team at https://careers.epic.com/Jobs/Hosting
More than just important work.
Epic is located in Madison, Wisconsin
, a city regularly ranked as one of America's best places to live. Epic's environment is one of continuous learning; you'll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others. We offer comprehensive benefits
to keep you healthy and happy as you grow in your life and career, and your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers. You'll also be eligible for annual raises and bonuses, as well as stock grants, which give you an even greater stake in the success of Epic and our customers. Epic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We seek diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences in our mission to improve healthcare. Research has shown that job-seekers who are women, LGBTQ+, or members of the global majority are less likely to apply for roles they don't seem completely qualified for, so we encourage all who are interested to apply. Please see our full non-discrimination statement at https://careers.epic.com/EEO
This position features three different starting points, based upon prior experience.
Junior SAN and Backup Engineer requires 0-2 years of the following:
SAN and Backup Engineer requires 2-5 years of the following:
Senior SAN and Backup Engineer requires 5+ years of the following:
- Knowledge of system integration with database, networking, backup, and virtual computing environments
- Demonstrated storage experience in virtual environment
- Experience with automation tools for administration and monitoring of storage and backup systems
- Exposure to these technologies is a plus:
- SAN virtualization and NAS
- EMC, Pure, and/or NetApp
- Cisco MDS Switches
- VMware vSphere 5.0 and higher
- CommVault and/or Rubrik
- First or third shift availability
- Relocation to Madison, WI (reimbursed)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- COVID-19 vaccination
As a member of the Hosting team at Epic you'll be responsible for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Epic Hosting. Those responsibilities include:
- Following policies and procedures and escalating when policies or procedures are not followed
- Escalating potential security incidents and providing relevant information
- Meeting all security responsibilities defined in policies and procedures