Cyber Infrastructure Lead
Cybersecurity Engineer duties may include a combination of supporting activities in coordination with Government to include continuous security monitoring, vulnerability assessment support, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) support. Other expected duties include Certification/Accreditation support for the on-going assessment, planning, integration, and recommending enhancement of systems. In addition, duties may include supporting the design, integration, and operation of Cybersecurity systems for the protection of networks, systems, and infrastructure. Other areas of responsibility may include operate, monitor, maintain, and optimize existing monitoring, intrusion detection, and vulnerability detection/remediation systems. Support the program and provide continuous monitoring of systems. Support technical and forensic investigations that provide support to the incident response process. Prepare architectural diagrams, technical reports, and/or whitepapers in support of evolving architecture requirements. Appropriate industry IT security certifications are required. This position may serve as the manager or technical lead for other team members to include network, cyber, or IT security engineers.
- Provide visionary leadership to identify grand ideas that are achievable and practical supporting the government’s need to become more efficient by reducing redundancy and reducing manual processes
- Ability to value stream map capabilities of existing and future technologies with direct mission need and against evolving roadmaps
- Evaluate, categorize, and prioritize modernization initiatives
- Evaluate existing portfolios and establish roadmaps initiatives
- Provide expertise to ensure innovative ideas and emerging technologies are aligned with customer needs
- Perform technology liaison leadership to facilitate, collaborate, and integrate impactful and advanced technical solutions
- Collaborate with end-user-facing teams to define technology migration strategies and approaches
- Performs architecture reviews as required, ensuring initiatives are aligned with future state initiatives
- Proficiency in strategic planning, enterprise architecture and emerging technologies
- Create whitepapers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating technical thought leadership in response to customer needs
- Oversee the development and integration across multiple workstreams from initial research to requirements, implementation, and sustainment
- Bachelor degree in technical fields with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master degree in technical field with 12+ years of prior relevant experience; Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Lead Solutions Architect working with leading edge cyber and digital modernization technology supporting both implementation and sustainment.
- Must be proficient in cloud, premise, WAN technologies supporting multi-cloud infrastructure and hybrid environments across multiple data centers.
- Software development experience with specific experience in integrating large disparate standalone and enterprise systems
- Must have a strong understanding of CI/CD pipeline with a working knowledge of coordinating and executing changes at scale to address version control, code reuse, architecture code deployments, and ways of increasing compliance efficiency.
- Must have experience with Automation and integration tools to include API use management and key management, SOAR, RPA, etc
- Must have experience with IaC techniques and methods
- Experience and/or expertise in Software or Application Development, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture,
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- An active TS/SCI
- CISSP, SAFe Agilist, and ITIL 4 Certification is strongly desired
- AWS, Azure, ServiceNow Certifications and experience is strongly desired
- Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Team leadership experience supporting teams across various geographical locations, remote work and on site with 24x7x365 teams.
- Publications, Presentations, and Speaking engagements on the topics of Cybersecurity
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as team collaboration tools like Confluence or Mattermost, issue tracking software like Jira, source code management such as bitbucket, and other various automated deployment orchestration tools such as Jenkins and/or bamboo.
- Experience working with senior government leaders
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.