Senior Climate Science & Technology Specialist ( R-00084473 )
Leidos is leading the way in Climate Data Modernization, helping develop common cloud frameworks that involve activities from across the Federal Government, Academia, Non-Profit Sector, International Community, or other sources. We are currently seeking a Senior Climate Science and Technology Specialist to help our clients develop and apply a system architecture that can deliver new insights into predicting equity, safety, environmental, and health impacts of climate-related extreme events of different magnitudes and intensities.
The Senior Climate Science and Technology Specialist will lead various prototyping and demonstration activities across our growing Leidos Climate Data portfolio including:
- Designing system architectures which can ingest (or interoperate with) data from various federal science and operational agencies.
- Conducting data cleansing, imputation, and enrichment to prepare for transformation, including designing and developing algorithms and AI/ML workflows to enable prediction.
- Building a continuous integration / continuous development (CI/CD) pipeline for automation and application development, including the creation of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and User interface specifications.
The position also involves development and evaluation of time series products from satellite instruments from various civil space agencies, including (but not limited to) NOAA, NASA, USGS, and the European Space Agency. Additionally, the position involves facilitating the technological growth and sophistication of Leidos Climate research activities, generalizing and optimizing existing Climate data and information systems, and advancing open science and data sharing across the earth, social, and health sciences to address pressing societal challenges.
- PhD in Environmental Sciences with 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Object-oriented programming, SQL and PostgreSQL, PyCharm, Jupyter, Colab, Matlab
- ENVI, ArcGIS, QGIS, RiScan Pro, CloudCompare, Meshlab.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure Certified Cloud Practitioner
- High performance computing experience including parallel processing, asynchronous stacks, relational databases including SQL and PostgresSQL, non-relation databases such as AWS-DynamoDB.
- Strong quantitative skills including an understanding of data and empirical analysis techniques
- Established record of Technical/proposal writing
- Documented record of peer-reviewed publication in high-impact journals (including first-author)
- Strong organizational and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing client needs.
- Experience leading virtual meetings through platforms such as MS Teams or Zoom.
- Experience with satellite remote sensing data (data acquisition, validation, evaluation, and analysis).
- Experience in field sampling and airborne data collection, statistical analysis, spatial analysis, time-series analysis.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent ResidentPay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00