Secure Authorization Specialist (99758)
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Infrastructure Engineer - IAM Enterprise Authentication Do you consider water to be one of the most precious and essential resource for life? Do you strive to join a purpose-driven, people-powered, customer-obsessed, and trustworthy organization? Do you value safety, people, customers, operational excellence, and growth? Do you want to work in an environment where differences are embraced and where every employee feels engaged, included and one where differences are celebrated? If you answered yes, American Water is the organization to join!
American Water is seeking an enterprise authentication specialist to improve American Water’s capability
of providing reliable and secure enterprise authentication solutions for the American Water enterprise as a
part of the Identity, Access, and Monitoring (IAM) Technologies team. This role will focus on integrating
various American Water systems into the Okta authentication platform on which American Water has
standardized as well as pushing the latest authentication techniques forward across the American Water
environment. This role will work closely with the application, infrastructure, and cybersecurity teams to
ensure that authentication configuration is standardized across all platforms.
- 2- 5 years experience working in the technology field required.
- Experience with the water utility industry is highly desired, but not required.
- Min 2 +years of Physical Security Technology Experience
As necessary, up to 25%Other
- "Good decision-making ability, balancing what is right with what is realistic
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to lead through influence and to deliver results through others while overcoming obstacles to success
- Possesses a high energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and an ability to work well under pressure
- Possesses a curiosity and a passion towards engaging the imagination of line of business leaders in grasping and enabling the fundamentals of change
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people from various lines of business as well as within Technology & Innovation
- Good verbal and written communication skills for a wide variety of audiences including proven ability to deliver internal presentations
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while simultaneously maintaining the "big picture" view"
- Primarily in an office environment where the office is likely Cherry
Hill, NJ [aka Woodcrest]
- 2+ years Enterprise Authentication technology experience
- Experience with SAML and Oauth authentication mechanisms.
- Experience with Okta and SecureAuth authentication platforms
- This role requires the ability to coordinate with various teams across the American Water environment.
- Knowledge of authentication industry movement to keep
- American Water at the most stable and secure authentication methods.
- Ability to document configurations and track any deviations to resolution.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.