Energy Technology Specialist (26036)
- Design and translate the corporate mission into supply chain strategies to help our clients transform their supply chain capabilities
- Drive competitiveness by reducing supply chain logistics complexities
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of projects
- Leverage deep subject matter knowledge on engagements
- Contribute to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships
- Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
- Display business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Identify opportunities for other Deloitte service offerings that can address client needs
- Responsible for managing solutions, delegating resources, and helping to ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables
- Supervises the work of team members and supports delivery teams and staff
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Supply Chain & Network Operations Offering helps clients transform their value chains into a competitive edge. Professionals drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness by furnishing proactive insights and enhancing decision-making. Teams advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions by providing operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions. Teams also optimize operations, product, and material flows, and create greater synergy for the supply network to optimize mission performance.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Travel up to 25% of the time (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- 5-15 years of professional experience in corporate research and development, academia, government research, advanced engineering, and/or science, engineering, and technology consulting
Background in influencing the energy industry
Broadly defined but including direct and indirect technology enablement of energy efficiency, generation, transmission, distribution, transportation, and agriculture
Focus on climate change, manufacturing, and infrastructure
Experience with working across public, private, and non-governmental sectors, with focus on the intersections between sectors
Demonstrated experience producing data-driven, peer-reviewed work, studies, models, or analysis for technical audiences
Experience implementing, managing, and/or guiding federally funded scientific or engineering research programs
Experience designing or participating in innovation programs or competitions
Willingness to adapt with uncertainty - continually test, validate, and learn within a dynamic environment.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.