Internship: Manufacturing - Williamsburg, VA
Eaton’s division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Co-op.
The monthly rate for this position is $3,360 - $5,500 per month.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
- You will have the opportunity to learn process planning, design, tool development and inspection sheet documentation for production processes.
- You support updating visual guides and standard work documentation.
- You will learn Problem Solving tools (8D, 5 Why’s, DMAIC) to identity corrective and preventive actions.
- Learn PFMEA documents.
- Learn and update Process flow diagrams and control plans.
- Learn ISO9000 production management.
- Learn change management.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program within mechanical or industrial engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Relocation is not provided for this role, the candidate must be located within 60 miles of Williamsburg, VA.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship now and in the future
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor's or master’s degree program with a major in mechanical, electrical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Completion of sophomore year by the start of internship
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus/and or community
- Ability to speak a second language
- Interest in pursuing a career as a leader of people in operations.
- This role may include travel (up to 10%) within a local region as determined by the Intern assignment manager.
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.