Senior Auditor, Global Internal Audit & Assurance (R1555377-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Senior Auditor in GIA will work in a team environment to plan and execute dynamic risk-based audits and identify value-added recommendations to strengthen Company processes and controls. Audits will include U.S.-based operations, international Company subsidiaries, strategic initiatives, critical business processes, and key third-party outsourcing arrangements. Throughout the audits, the Senior Auditor will have the opportunity to interact with senior management and enhance oral and written communication skills.
- Work collaboratively with audit teams to execute financial, operational, compliance, and integrated-IT audits.
- Conduct planning activities to identify significant risks and develop appropriate risk-based audit procedures.
- Research applicable policies, guidance, and regulations to drive assigned sections of the audit with high quality and within deadlines.
- Leverage existing data analytics and assist with build and enhancement projects, when assigned.
- Interview key personnel to assess business processes and the strength of their control environments.
- Identify meaningful value-added recommendations for management to improve the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of controls and related processes.
- Lead meetings involving various levels of management to effectively communicate audit status, align on significant audit issues and recommended corrective actions.
- Prepare clear, detailed audit documentation evidencing the results of actual testing procedures in accordance with BMS and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepare audit reports, including clearly written, concise audit observations that effectively communicate identified issues and their related corrective actions to key stakeholders.
- Participate with the team in at least two weeks of annual training in addition to regular departmental meetings that include sharing best practices.
- Participate in departmental projects as assigned (e.g., audit lessons learned, training, continuous improvement, etc.).
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years prior public accounting or internal audit experience, including experience in financial, operational, or compliance auditing.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IIA standards.
- English fluency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% for NJ based resources/approximately 35% for Tampa based resources of the time, including international travel for up to three weeks at a time.
- Proficiency with Excel/Word/PowerPoint. Data analytics experience (specifically with visualization tools such as Tableau) and ERPs.
The following skills and/or experiences are an advantage
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Professional certification (i.e., CPA, CA, CIA, CISA or equivalent).
- Experience with a Big Four firm.
- Experience in developing written reports and delivering presentations.
- Multilingual (verbal and written).
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.