When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the Network Technology Audit team, driving continuous improvement is what we are all about and you will support our efforts through providing objective evaluations of our technology processes to make us better. You’ll gain exposure to the diverse aspects of our business through collaborating with different business leaders related to our technology controls, processes, and systems. The work you perform is critical to reducing risk and providing solutions that protect our company, our employees and our shareholders.
- Developing and executing technology-based audits and systems /application control assessments during complex business process reviews.
- Learning the functions being audited to verify the effectiveness of existing technology controls.
- Identifying technology control risks to improve process effectiveness.
- Developing action plans and communicating concise recommendations to management.
- Identifying risks associated with new technology.
- Participating in department initiatives to further develop the Internal Audit function.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a team player who enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand. You like digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that will have a big impact.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Auditing experience in at least one of the following areas: security administration, security operations, UNIX, Linux, system architecture, or network operations.
- Technical experience in at least one of the following areas: network engineering, network operations, maintenance engineering, network planning, AWS, Azure.
- Knowledge of IP networking.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field.
- CISA and/or CISSP certification.
- Experience with Linux, Unix, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, noSQL, AWS, and/or Azure.
- Technology audit experience in a public accounting firm.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.