Associate Director, IT Portfolio Governance & Delivery, GPS (R1559734-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we’re creating innovative medicines for patients who are fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter our role, each of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
The primary focus of this role is on the delivery of the IT Global Product Development & Supply portfolio. This position is responsible for the planning and execution of programs and projects supporting IT for Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) function, reporting to the Director, IT for GPS Strategy & Business Excellence. This job will require orchestrating efforts across a broad set of stakeholders and sponsors ensuring commitments are met with the right sense of urgency.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing portfolio of projects assigned by the manager
- Build effective coalitions with key stakeholders at various levels across organizations in a matrixed environment, leading to better alignment and faster business value delivery
- Partner with the Portfolio Governance to help facilitate the collection of IT demand and process them following BMS portfolio intake process, collection, rationalization, budgeting and prioritization
- Build and manage integrated program plans and execute them such that they can accommodate evolving ideas and discovery of new requirements to maximize business value
- Active engagement with leadership from business case development through program/ Projects delivery and business outcomes
- Identify and assign project/ program manager resources to deliver portfolio of projects.
- Provide oversight to assigned project/ program management resource or leads large complex initiatives, collaborating with business leadership and managing program delivery across internal IT, third party vendors, and service providers
- Maintain adequate domain knowledge of the business objectives to ensure maximum value realization
- Provide support in program operations including budgeting / forecasting, financial reconciliation, vendor management, and procurement
- Engage and energize the program teams to ensure optimal performance and proactively remove obstacles to drive project/program momentum and progress.
- Provide as a point of escalation for all constituents of the portfolio
- Proactively manage risks and provide optimal performance / throughput
- Holistic project monitoring, controls, team integration, change integration, and corrective action as needed. Ensure the application of Project Management best practices and company SDLC standards in managing the project as appropriate.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting cost plans; contribute to the preparation of the portfolio budget.
- Recruit, lead, and develop a team of entrepreneurial project managers to ensure execution excellence while scaling based on business needs
- Advise and consistently apply IT best practices (including Agile, SDLC, PMF) and contribute to continuous improvement in close partnership with PPM CoE, Agile CoE and Quality functions
- Contribute to the overall maturity and consistency of the PM organization by serving as an SME on leadership, program and project management, stakeholder engagement, scope definition, risk identification/mitigation, etc.
- Interact with other program leads to ensure consistent processes and high-quality reporting
- Strong demonstrated experience in the Pharmaceutical specifically in Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) and Cell Therapy functional areas.
- Experience with GPS related platforms and adjacent tools such as MES, SAP, Veeva Vault, LIMS, Mfg. Automation Systems as well as collaboration technologies
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering / Information Technology or related discipline preferred or comparable industry experience
- Strong program and project management experience with proven track-record of leading cross-functional IT/Business transformation programs preferably in life sciences industry
- Must have knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and of computer systems validation (CSV)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence without direct authority, managing stakeholder expectations at all levels in a matrixed global environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and/or oversee multiple, simultaneous projects and programs
- Experience with managing projects across predictive and adaptive methodologies e.g. Agile and Waterfall. Experience with managing work across multiple vendors, resolving issues ensuring execution excellence
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels
- Strong facilitation and meeting management skills; Strong communicator via all media: collaboration technologies (SharePoint, Skype, etc.) and presentations written, emails, verbal with a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to use structured problem solving and available tools to quickly evaluate problems, identify root causes, create action plans, assess impact and develop resolution options
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.